We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo Car Rental Price Drop for Sept.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,491 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Alamo Car Rental Price Drop for Sept.

So, I have become obsessed with checking the car rental prices for our Budget rental thru Costco and still waiting for that slide down in prices to begin......BUT seems to me that Alamo has dropped considerably for the third week in September. They had been extremely expensive and now they are the lowest......might be worth checking out. I love Budget, so I am going to wait for the price to drop. Deb

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo Car Rental Price Drop for Sept.

ooohhh.....gotta go check mine right now. We've got the same deal at the same time.....:)

BabsSC

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo Car Rental Price Drop for Sept.

Alamo in Hawaii is great!

Plover, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
535 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo Car Rental Price Drop for Sept.

We have used Alamo for both of our maui vacations in the past 2 years, it was a smooth quick check in and drop off. Had a dodge challenger that had a piece of low trim on the front that would scrape when pulling in and out of parking lot inclines, we called Alamo and they said bring it back and switch, so we took it back and got in a jeep and drove right out, no questions asked.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alamo Car Rental Price Drop for Sept.

Thanks for the reminder -- I just checked my 11-day Budget reservation through Costco for Kauai in late September. It started out at $461 when I did the first booking in January, dropped to $385 in May, and now it's down to $270 so I re-booked again. Hoping it drops even more as my travel dates get closer. 64 days and counting!

lake forest park
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alamo Car Rental Price Drop for Sept.

I don't see any great deals for those last 2 weeks.We're paying $495 for 14 days starting 9-18 for a full size thru Costco Alamo. We paid $320 for 15 days last Sept and $258 for 14 days last 2 weeks of June this year. I think they will drop much more.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,491 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alamo Car Rental Price Drop for Sept.

Wow SDPam....... nice! I think I need to clear my cookies of something cause I am not have that kind of price drop and we arrive the 25th of Sept.. I check neurotically and almost switched to Alamo! I know it will go down cause it always has but.......getting anxious for the drops to begin. Deb

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,491 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alamo Car Rental Price Drop for Sept.

We're at $691 for 18 nights and I agree, Oldness. I am thinking the drops begin much closer to departure and I remember rebooking numerous times for last fall. Our 16 nights last year were under $300. I was amazed how much it dropped. Deb

lake forest park
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alamo Car Rental Price Drop for Sept.

It was 3 months out last Sept and 6 weeks this last June for the best price.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
924 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alamo Car Rental Price Drop for Sept.

I booked a compact in Feb. for Oct.4-17 with Discount Hawaii Car Rental, it hasn't dropped at all yet :(

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,617 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alamo Car Rental Price Drop for Sept.

Deb - thanks for the 'heads up' ... I'm hoping to use Alamo for our Oct. trip.

Kitsura ... I'm also finding that rates haven't moved lower yet for our Oct. 12-28 stay - for a mid size it's $560 for 16 nights (with Avis through DHCR). Costco is quite a bit higher - their lowest price is $669 with Enterprise.