We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honau Kai Resort and Spa

Kentucky
Level Contributor
528 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Honau Kai Resort and Spa

We have for booked for November a studio at Honau Kai. Super excited as the grounds look amazing! My travel agent has confirmed with Honau Kai their spa will be up and running by late August. My question for you travelers that have stayed there, is there a charge for the chairs and umbrellas by the pool and what about the cabanas? I did see on their facebook page all new lounging chairs were recently purchased and there were many praises about this :) I seen the daily resort fee included internet. Just hoping to find out some more information about the resort. Looking forward to enjoying the sunset at Dukes :)

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honau Kai Resort and Spa

No fee for the chairs and umbrellas. I think there's one for the cabanas.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,125 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honau Kai Resort and Spa

Since, for a number of years, travel agents have been saying the Honua Kai spa "will be up and running" I would take that with a grain of salt and not plan on it.

Pool loungers are free, covered cabanas or beach chairs will cost you.

The reviews are stellar... tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60634-d1372538…

New Lenox, Illinois
Level Contributor
170 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honau Kai Resort and Spa

We stayed at the Honua Kai in June 2013. There was no charge for the chairs by the pool. There are umbrellas around the pool area, but not every chair has an umbrella by it. We went to the pool in the mid afternoon and found a couple of loungers by an umbrella. People are constantly coming and going, so you most likely will find a chair or two by an umbrella. There is a charge for chairs and umbrellas on the beach, though I'm not sure what that charge is. Glad to hear they changed the chairs by the pool! The entire area of the resort is kept up and clean. The sunsets are absolutely awesome from the beach. The view from Dukes is equally amazing (and good food too!)! There was no problem with the internet connection. We really enjoyed our stay as I'm sure you will.

Level Contributor
34,739 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honau Kai Resort and Spa

You will love Honua Kai! We never had a problem finding lounge chairs at the pool. Duke's offers food and beverage service poolside which was very nice. Aloha and enjoy Maui! :).

Central Valley...
Level Contributor
219 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honau Kai Resort and Spa

You will love it. Views from Duke's & many studios are outstanding. Hopefully you have a higher floor studio - like 5th floor or higher - the higher the better for views above the palm trees. We have stayed at HK twice & never had trouble getting free loungers by the pool but I don't recall the situation with umbrellas & we never rented cabanas either. Views from the 8th floor studio that we had was wonderful! I am surprised your travel agent confirmed the spa would be opened by August - looking at HK website, I see no mention of it opening soon but maybe I just missed it. If it were opening soon, I'd expect heavy advertisement from their site since its been put off for so long. I would not hold my breath on the spa being open but either way....have an amazing trip!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,633 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honau Kai Resort and Spa

No charge for the lounges around the pool. Our unit came with beach chairs and umbrella for when we went to the beach in the mornings. We've never reserved a cabana, so I don't know the charge.

If the spa is not up and running, go to the Hyatt. We went to the Spa Moana, a building next to the resort, ocean front. It was fabulous.

http://maui.hyatt.com/hyatt/pure/spas/

vancouver, b.c.
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honau Kai Resort and Spa

We returned from our vacation at the Honua Kai in May. We had 2 fabulous weeks with our family of 6 adults and 1 child. We rented a 3 bedroom oceanview and a studio and both were great. I do believe that construction is underway on the spa and that they are close to being on schedule. Here is the website http://www.hoolaspamaui.com/ and facebook https://www.facebook.com/hoolaspamaui. I found that all the questions I had were answered by contacting the Honua kai on their live chat at www.honuakai.com

Kentucky
Level Contributor
528 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honau Kai Resort and Spa

Thanks so much for the link!! I am going to check it out. I was afraid when they told my travel agent this was simply just to get us to book faster :) Glad to know it's true! Those of you that have stayed at Honua Kai, I usually pack our beach towels on out trips, I am going to trying and minimize our packing. Do they provide beach towels at the pool?

vancouver, b.c.
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Honau Kai Resort and Spa

You are given 1 towel card per person upon arrival and each towel card is good for 2 towels. You can return dirty towels and exchange for clean as often as you wish, you just need to have the towel cards back when you check out.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
48,232 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honau Kai Resort and Spa

Visitor,

Does that apply to non-resort rentals too? I though they didn't get towels from the desk?