We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 22

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,574 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 22

Today explored a bit of the south and Iao Valley. Wanting the brown water to go away so we an play in the ocean again!

…wordpress.com/2013/07/31/b-n-bha-day-22/

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,159 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 22

What gorgeous photos!!!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,094 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 22

Some of the nicest Needle photos I've ever seen.

Can't wait for Deb to see her message... :)

Texas
Level Contributor
841 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 22

You do know how to make the most of your time--perfect day for Iao Valley!

I think Deb will freak over the message! Too cute!

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
424 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 22

Another adventure in paradise! I hope the brown water is gone by tomorrow!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,489 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 22

I was so happy as soon as I knew you were headed south! I wish conditions had been better for everyone, but I thought it was a great way to spend a "no snorkeling/playing in the ocean" day! It was tough working my books correctly yesterday knowing you were roaming our beach and we wasn't there.........the photo of Jennifer shows our spot behind her and it will be terrific to claim that piece of sand in a couple of months. LOVE that photo and HI right back at you! I was so glad that you went to see Big Beach and yes, those waves can be so crazy! We will be wandering your coastal trail soon enough and thinking how much better it would be with your crew guiding us.

The Iao needle photos were awesome and special favorites were the family shots......of course! I love the photo with the stream and branches overhanging at the top......gorgeous! Rena, with the needle looking like her personal hat, was a classic Iao Needle photo. We have a couple of selfies of us together that make the needle look like it is literally on our heads......LOL!!! You guys are looking like traveling together suits you and I hope you are able to get in the ocean asap!!!

Now about your food choices! Thomas has already let me know that he isn't too good to eat at Bubba Gumps and the minute we walk in there I remember our first trip to Maui that started this obsession with Maui! I admit we get the giggles playing the goofy games with the server and our drinks get refilled pronto with their ingenius method. It's a big score when we are next to the "rail" and no cruise ship is in Lahaina. And Maui Tacos is fun for just attempting to figure out what you want to eat with all the choices! The pressure is intense and Mike usually buckles under the stress and takes forever, while the counter person stares at us. The taco salad is pretty good and the perfect lanai meal.

I have enjoyed this incredible "ride along" with your wonderful family and getting up for work has never been easier all month, knowing I get to start the day with your fantastic photos of Kauai and Maui. Have a blast today and hoping the ocean is your playground! Deb

Level Contributor
34,499 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 22

Beautiful photos! :)

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,413 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 22

And here I thought Deb wouldn't get to see her message until after work!

You will need to get a whole bunch of frames when you get home! Would love to know which ones you pick for your walls.

I usually scrapbook some of our photos, but I am toying with doing one of those "coffee table" books.

Thanks again Jen! Hope you are able to have another couple of days of snorkeling before departure day. Sorry, I shouldn't have said that!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
46,967 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 22

Great pics of everything yesterday! Hopefully you'll be able to find some settled water today.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 22

Great pics. It amazes me too, how people can get into brown water. It is nasty stuff - literally!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 22

Thanks for the great pictures. Hope you can snorkel today!!