We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to take my helicopter flight?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Where to take my helicopter flight?

Travelling to Hawaii in November. First 4 days in Kona then on to Maui for 4 days then 6 days in Waikiki. Where is my best choice to have my helicopter experience. I would greatly appreciate any information given to me. I am sooooo excited!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,174 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to take my helicopter flight?

Well that is a short trip with a whole lot of airport/TSA/ sitting in airport time. But it is what it is. My fave flight was the circle of fire tour on the Big Island with Blue Hawaiian. Really amazing.

M B
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to take my helicopter flight?

Years ago we did the Blue Hawaiian volcano trip on the BI. It was absolutely fabulous. We have also taken the helicopter tour around Maui and the scenery is beautiful but not as spectacular as the volcano.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,404 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to take my helicopter flight?

I've never been on a helicopter and probably never will but...................if I had my choice it would be on the big island of Hawaii.

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,132 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to take my helicopter flight?

Definitely the Big Island... second choice would be Kauai which is not on your list this time around.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,728 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to take my helicopter flight?

I would also pick the BI over Maui, if possible. I have done heli tours on both many times. Maui has some beautiful scenery and the helis are worth it here-but BI is incredible. Go int the morning, wherever you pick.

Edited: 02 August 2013, 21:10
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to take my helicopter flight?

I thank everybody for their responses. I know that I am only going for 14 days and I also know the duration of my flight times. That is all part of the travel package. When you live in a beautiful country like Australia you have to spend the time on travel/transfers. I have taken your knowledge and my choice is now going to be the flight on THE BIG ISLAND for the Circle of Fire flight. My next question is does any body know flight costs etc. Thanls again in advance!!!!!

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to take my helicopter flight?

We were in Kona a couple of years ago. Helicopter tours from kona to volcano were verrry expensive. think they had to stop to refuel. We chose fixed wing circle the island tour. The reasonable helicopter tours were from Hilo, and that is a bit of a drive from Kona.

I don't do helicopters, but on Maui wife took tour to Molokai and was impressed. Though her favorite is on Kauai. Some day we may spend a night or two in Hilo so she can do the volcano

8. Re: Where to take my helicopter flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:16