We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Swap Meets

California
Level Contributor
35 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Swap Meets

I've been to a number of the road side flea markets on Maui, but never to the Maui Swap Meet. We usually stay in Lahaina--where is the Maui Swap Meet held? I've been to the one in Oahu at Aloha Stadium, and was overwhelmed by how HUGE it was...looking for something more "compact". Mahalo

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,617 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Swap Meets

The Swap Meet is Saturday mornings, over at the UH Maui campus. It's not as big as Oahu's, but much bigger than the craft fairs.

California
Level Contributor
35 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Swap Meets

Thanks so much...my daughter and I will be going back in September and love shopping at flea markets and craft fairs.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,108 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Swap Meets

It's fifty cents to get in. And don't forget to bring some cloth bags to carry all your treasures! No plastic bags on Maui. The grocery stores and ABC stores, Whaler's and the like, sell some pretty cool bags too.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
9,926 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Swap Meets

Yes.. take your cloth bag, better yet your backpack or small rolling suitcase.. My friend didn't have any trouble filling her rolling carry on size luggage and her DH gladly pulled it. Much better than carrying everything if you are a big shopper like she was.

About 70 vendors will be there.

Location, Location...
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Swap Meets

Bring a hat and some water, too. It can get pretty hot there with the limited shade and the black-top parking lot setting... Usually the college is open so you can use their restrooms as well, just get your hand stamped...

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui Swap Meets

It's wonderful if you just stick to the Hawaiian stuff and avoid all the junk. Loved the Swap Meet so much we went twice when we were there last time and I can't wait to go again next year!

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui Swap Meets

What time does it start? We will actually have time to go this trip in September.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,108 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui Swap Meets

I believe it starts at seven in the morning.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui Swap Meets

Hi

The Maui Expo Swap Meet has been going for over 30 years.

If you follow directions to the Maui Arts and Cultural Center they are located directly across the street in Kahului. From West Maui it is only two turns to get there and about 45 minutes driving time.

Free parking. .50 cent admission.

Great place to buy veggies (they sell out early) and flowers.

They are known for good prices because the rent for the vendors is reasonable.

Sometimes people bring their garage sale items, crafts and imports to sell.

I would think over 100 vendors. So it is the largest event that is held on a set schedule.

Civic Center events are not held every Sunday and are about 70 vendors. November usually has no dates.

Banyan tree events are held 3 out of 4 weekends by 4 different groups and their permit usually limits to 25.

10. Re: Maui Swap Meets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 05:17