We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Class Act---Maui Culinary Academy

New Mexico
Level Contributor
378 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Class Act---Maui Culinary Academy

My DH and I have meaning to try out Class Act, but have somehow managed to either forget to make reservations, be traveling with people who have no interest in dining there, or be on island when classes weren't in session. We're going to be on Maui again in October with our daughter and her family, and were wondering if anyone who has been there could tell us if it would be appropriate for children? If not, we'll schedule a babysitter, but I thought I'd ask for opinions here first.

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
716 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Class Act---Maui Culinary Academy

We look to make reservations this September when we are in Maui. They only serve lunch on Wednesdays and Fridays. It is a price fixed menu for $32 per person. They do not have children's menus. Depending on the ages of your children, they might enjoy it. They start with an appetizer, then some type of salad, entrée (two choices) and dessert. It is BYOB, if you choose to drink, no corkage fee. The culinary students come from all over the world; some families even relocate to be with their children while they attend the school. It was one of our most fun activities last year!

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,976 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Class Act---Maui Culinary Academy

If the children are old enough to enjoy fine dining (good food, nice surroundings but not fancy) they should enjoy Class Act. The dining room has a nice view of the harbor and the student servers are usually quite friendly and personable. We have dined there many times and the food and overall experience has always been among the best of our trips.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
378 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Class Act---Maui Culinary Academy

Thanks for the information. From what both of you say, it seems as though the adults might enjoy the experience more if the kids had a babysitter--I love our grandkids, but that's fine with me!

4. Re: Class Act---Maui Culinary Academy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 06:20