We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We have dates!

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
We have dates!

Ok guys our dates for our trip next year is set we originally were going to go sept/oct but things at my husbands job will prevent that so we are going in may instead less than a year so excited.

We will fly from CLT to Las Vegas after work tues. May 13 and take the 1:50 am HA flight to HNL which will get us in at 6am spending two nights on Oahu then flying to Ogg staying 7 days but gonna get the condo for our last day as the flight friday back to Vegas is a red eye.

We will fly home that morning saturday and still have sunday and memorial Day to get over the jet lag.

Already booked the car on Maui thru hawaiidrive-o midsize with Avis for 8 days $283 but I know it will go down.

The wheels are turning and I am so excited but I know you all understand!

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We have dates!

I am so happy you get to go so much sooner than you expected. I will miss seeing you both, but your trip reports are such a joy to read. I know how hard it is to wait over 330 days and your countdown is much closer now. We leave in 27 days for Oahu and 31 for Maui! Happy for you both!!! Deb

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,603 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We have dates!

Oh yeah! That is better than ever! I am so happy for you!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: We have dates!

How exciting for you to be going again sooner than you planned!! I'm hoping to swing a trip to Oahu and Kauai for May or Sept 2015. Hubby told me to please let us enjoy Maui in Jan 2014 first before I start planning the next trip lol.

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,745 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: We have dates!

Excellent - though, yes, it would be nice to cross paths in September, but sooner is definitely better. And what will happen is that before you know it the holidays will be here - you know how quick they come up, Then it's 2014 and you're in a short countdown already :)

Dave

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We have dates!

Ha Ha Chrissy I hear the same thing from my husband.

I am disappointed at not getting to meet Deb and Mike but so excited to go back to Maui and stay in the Honokowai area again.

I already have enough HA miles for one free RT ticket from Vegas and we will fly Us Airways which has nonstop flights from here to Vegas using a companion fare.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We have dates!

That is a sweet feeling. Enjoy the new countdown!

Socal
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We have dates!

Nice! Would love to have that on the calendar!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
69,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We have dates!

What great news! I forget-have you been to Maui in May before? I'm thinking not........if so, you are in for a treat. May is prob my fav month; it's a little more quiet, and everything is blooming. Don't forget to visit Upcountry and see the jacaranda.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We have dates!

No sw I have not been to Maui in May but I have been to Oahu and Kauai in may with my daughter in 2009.

I am really looking forward to it and have no paid activities planned but do want to visit the Upcountry would love to see it when in bloom.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Iowa
Level Contributor
12,302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We have dates!

Woo hoo!!! What a fabulous feeling to be booked sooner than you planned! Are you working on the condo now? You know, maybe you will get to meet Deb and Mike, they could be visiting monthly by then! ;-)