We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines Hawaii deal!

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
American Airlines Hawaii deal!

FYI there's a special running.

aa.com/netsaaver/…

Anyone know if I can get the lower rate even though I booked and paid for my flight?

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,617 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Airlines Hawaii deal!

Vince, IF you find a deal on the exact same itinerary you have--you should be able to get a voucher for future travel. The change will cost a change fee, though. So if the price diff is 300---and the change fee is 200-you'll get a voucher for 100.00

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: American Airlines Hawaii deal!

Yeah I called. $180 difference in price so it wasn't worth it! That would have been nice but killer deal! 20 days after I booked mine! Oh well piece of mind.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,439 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Airlines Hawaii deal!

Nice heads up for others that may be looking to book their flights............way to go Vince! Deb

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Airlines Hawaii deal!

Look on the plus side: if fares had gone up, you wouldn't have had to send more money to AA.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American Airlines Hawaii deal!

I always advise people to quit looking once they book since the majority of the time you can't do anything about it anyway. Use the time to plan your trip instead of fretting over a "what if" I had waited to buy.

Raleigh, North...
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: American Airlines Hawaii deal!

Vince,

I too got the email and had not checked the fares until now after booking my trip 20 days ago. The fares have gone down by $200 pp for me :((((

I too called and got the $200 change fee talk. It evens out for me, so no point. On top of that I had a 10% code. Fee llike kicking myself. Had I waited, I could have saved almost $500 with the 10% code!!!!

I know.....no point in looking back, but so much for booking early...it kind of dampens the fun !

Edited: 29 August 2013, 19:10
nwf
NSW Australia
Level Contributor
910 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American Airlines Hawaii deal!

Hi there,

Put it in the diary of experience. NWF.

Canada
Level Contributor
8,964 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: American Airlines Hawaii deal!

It is not the case with all Airlines. I recently booked a flight with Hawaiian from the Mainland -KOA.......less than a week later the prices had dropped by close to $500. Hawaiian's change fee is only $40pp....so the promptly issued me a Travel voucher for $400.

For me, it was worth checking back.I've already utilized that $400 credit.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,439 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: American Airlines Hawaii deal!

I always check back because we fly Alaska Airlines and they are awesome about issuing a credit if it is the exact same itinerary and the price drops. I was floored that AA charges so much! Deb

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: American Airlines Hawaii deal!

I keep checking back as well...also flying with Alaska....but I don't see it dropping past what we paid...took a big dip and 3 days later climbed right back up...the strange thing with our tickets was that it didn't drop from Seattle to Maui...only Kelowna-Seattle-Maui...it was like the hop from Kelowna to Seattle was free!

Edited: 30 August 2013, 02:51