We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haleakala Sunrise Van Tour

Saint Louis...
3 posts
Save Topic
Haleakala Sunrise Van Tour

Has anyon taken the Haleakala Sunrise Van Tour with Haleakala Bike Company; (this is the tour of the upcountry without the bike ride down). Just wondering how the tour is and where the stop for food is.

Thanks,

Maui Tours and Transportation
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Unique Maui Tours
Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Roberts Hawaii
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,190 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haleakala Sunrise Van Tour

Hi Walter,

It sounds like it's a new offering from them - here's a list of what's included, along with mention of the restaurant names: www.bikemaui.com/maui-van-tours.php#included

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
65,455 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haleakala Sunrise Van Tour

I don't see mention of food on the sunrise one........what I am reading from the minimal description and absorbing from the pic is you would be the non-bike rider passengers in the van that take people up , then to the starting point outside the park--for bike riders. Maybe the itinerary is the same for both......

I find the time in Paia excessive, given that you're paying for a "tour". 2 1/2 hours????????? Ummm.........no.You can do that without paying for it, plus the restaurants are hardly "exclusive" or something!! I also note that it doesn't indicate food is included. Too $$$ to my thought.

This is basically a way for them to sell seats on the bike van that are going empty. The other bike companies have had 'non-rider' prices for years.

If you want a quality tour, look at Temptation Tours.

Mentioned in this post
Paia
Paia
Maui, HI
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,073 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haleakala Sunrise Van Tour

When I read that they have a "special designed third BAKING system for the mountain", I figured they would be serving cinnamon buns from Grandma's Coffee House! Somehow, I don't think so.

I have to agree with sw. That's a heck of a lot of money to pay to wander around Paia. They mention Ho'okipa and Mama's Fish House, but I do wonder if you are expected to walk there yourself?

Mentioned in this post
Paia
Paia
Maui, HI
4. Re: Haleakala Sunrise Van Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 06:17