We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kapalua Dining

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kapalua Dining

I'm staying at the Ritz later this week for a few nights and will have some resort credit to use. I thought I'd use it toward a nice dinner. It can be used at any of the dining options in the Ritz, or at Pineapple Grill or The Plantation House. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,065 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kapalua Dining

Hmmm...here is the deal.

I used to love the Plantation House for dinner but they went through a bunch of changes and the reviews have been not so good. I do not know if the dinner has improved and have not seen any reports about it. I have had both breakfast and lunch there in March and July and both were good and I absolutely love the views from there.

Pineapple Grill is also a place I go for breakfast and lunch. I like their food then and friendly staff. Years ago we thought their dinner was just ok, but we decided to try it again in March- awful...service was bad (not typical) and I didn't even want to eat my food. I have seen similar reports as well. I do believe you can stay in the bar area and do the bar menu though.

I have not eaten at either of the Ritz restaurants since 2009, so I can't comment on those. Sorry! I would use the credits for breakfast or lunch and then save money for a nice restaurant elsewhere.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
51,190 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kapalua Dining

I've eaten at the Beach Club a few times. It's awfully pricey, IMO--but handy and a great setting. Maybe if you are there at the beach and get hungry kind of thing. Otherwise, I'm with TB4.......she is the (nearly resident) Kapalua expert!

3. Re: Kapalua Dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 05:16