We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living Vicariously

San Diego...
Level Contributor
803 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Living Vicariously

Well I couldn't be happier. I dropped by parents off at the San Diego airport this morning for their flight to Maui, where they are celebrating their 37th wedding anniversary, and 40 years of being together! Neither of my parents have been to Maui since the 9/11 tragedy, and my dad hasn't been on a real vacation since then, except for a few camping trips. After I kept raving about Napili Kai, they asked me to help them book a wonderful 7 night stay at the NKBR and I am so thrilled to hear all about their trip in paradise! I'm so excited for them, its almost like being there....emphasis on almost!

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
175 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Living Vicariously

What a wonderful and thoughtful daughter you are to be so happy and excited for them. They will have an awesome time! Congrats to them!!

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,251 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Living Vicariously

How great for them I'm sure they will love it!

Level Contributor
34,226 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Living Vicariously

What a wonderful place to celebrate and relax! And fun for you to help with the planning. Let us know how they like everything and aloha! :)

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Living Vicariously

We talked up Kauai after our trip there and my parents went 6 months later. Booked the same resort/package. They had almost as much fun as we did. I loved experiencing Kauai vicariously too!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Living Vicariously

"Living Vicariously"

Isn't that one of the reasons we're all here? ;-) And all the better when you're planning a trip of your own. How cool for your parents, though. My adult son was like your dad; wouldn't get on a plane (since 9/11) except that we invited him on a trip to the Big Island with us. We leave in 12 days. Amazing, the curative powers of a trip to Hawaii.

Edited: 06 September 2013, 17:40
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,671 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Living Vicariously

Poor Lauren! Sorry you couldn't come too...........but your parents are lucky to have had your help. Hope they have a wonderful time!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,041 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Living Vicariously

Nothing better than Napili and Kapalua at this time of year!! Your parents are the luck ones. Hope they have a wonderful time in paradise!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Living Vicariously

How wonderful of you to help them book it and be so happy for them. There is nothing my Mother would like better than to return to Hawaii but her health won't allow her to. We always include her in our planning and that always makes her feel good.

Alberta Travelbug

Cheryl

San Diego...
Level Contributor
803 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Living Vicariously

Well they've arrived and are settling into island time...already made a trip to Costco and are just cruising around until checkin! The report is the weather is perfect! I created a 5 page list of places to go and things to try that I personally have loved or things I've taken away from the forum...all totally just suggestions, nothing mandatory :-). I really love how they've planned this maui trip....NO PLANS! Even though I'm not in maui with them, at least it's Friday, my workday is done, and I have the weekend it enjoy!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,977 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Living Vicariously

Lauren...there is such joy in helping others plan their Maui trips! Hmmm, guess that's why I'm addicted to TA! HA

We had newbies join us in Feb. They had been to Oahu for work conventions but weren't really thrilled with it and very unsure of Maui. They spent a week with us as tour guides and have booked 2 weeks next year! It really makes a difference if you can point folks in the right direction!

You know me...LOVE the LIST to choose from!