We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yah Hoo! Price drop with Costco for November - Enterprise

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
940 posts
Save Topic
Yah Hoo! Price drop with Costco for November - Enterprise

Aloha,

I am so excited that I just booked an economy with free extra driver and a free upgrade for $556.00 with Costco and the one I had booked with DHCR was for $699.00. Enough of a difference to make it worth while. What is the saying "good things come to patient people" or something like that. I don't think I was being that patient but along came a good deal anyway.

My dates are Oct 31 to November 23 so anyone looking within that time frame check out Costco.

Has anyone used Costco with Enterprise? Do they just give you the upgrade or do you have to ask for it and is there any trouble if you do? I printed the terms/agreement to take with me just in case.

I don't know how I am going to go to sleep now. It's a good thing I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

Alberta Travelbug

Cheryl

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yah Hoo! Price drop with Costco for November - Enterprise

Congrats Cheryl! My only experience has been with Budget. Our current reservation is with Alamo, with the upgrade. No experience with this, but I will mention it when I trip report in a couple weeks. It's fun when the price begins to drop......seems like right around two months out was when ours began to go down. Deb

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
940 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yah Hoo! Price drop with Costco for November - Enterprise

Thanks Deb, I would appreciate a mention of how it went in your first report. I was going to go to bed and thought I would try one more time and Voila it appeared. I really was thinking it might not go down for November. Now I am thinking of Maui even more than before.

Have a fabulous trip.

Cheryl

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
65,455 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yah Hoo! Price drop with Costco for November - Enterprise

Don't stop now, though! I bet it comes down more.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
940 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yah Hoo! Price drop with Costco for November - Enterprise

Thanks SW, that is what I was thinking so I will keep trying.

It's funny we are going into Kauai for four days so I immediately put in the dates for that and the price was double for what I already had booked with DHCR. You would think if it dropped for Maui it would drop in Kauai with Enterprise. I guess not though so will keep watching for both set of dates.

It is so exciting when the price drops as it was already budgeted for so now we have some extra dollars for something else.

Alberta Travelbug

Cheryl

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yah Hoo! Price drop with Costco for November - Enterprise

Cheryl......I had a two week period , when prices began dropping for our dates, where I rebooked our car every single day. I cannot emphasize enough what sw said that it pays to keep checking back. I also share that this process takes me less time than it takes to pay our mortgage online. It isn't a difficult task. We have gone from $800 to $313 and that is a lot of money to be used for our enjoyment elsewhere on Maui! I used to prepay to have one less budget item handled, and now realize how ignorant I was because I didn't know about the car rental game! You are going to be there for a very nice amount of time too! Deb

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
940 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Yah Hoo! Price drop with Costco for November - Enterprise

Thanks Deb, I was checking at least 2 times a day. I will keep that up so I benefit if prices go lower. I think a couple of times last year I checked, but until TA said how important it is to check often I didn't realize that. I'm now playing the rental game and won't stop until I get the best price I can.

Thanks all TA members for giving such solid advice.

Cheryl

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yah Hoo! Price drop with Costco for November - Enterprise

Canada's Westjet is having a flight sale to Hawaii too.

8. Re: Yah Hoo! Price drop with Costco for November - Enterprise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 06:20