We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Day 5 (fond memories, Aug. 12)

East Northport, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Day 5 (fond memories, Aug. 12)

So as difficult as it has been to get these trip reports finished in a timely manor, I am determined to finish them all ;-) I can't believe it has been almost a month! So after a super first day and an early night, DH and I woke early and enjoyed some time in the condo. We relaxed, and made some breakfast. We cooked up some eggs, toast and fresh fruit, and coffee. It was so nice to be able to make our own breakfast in our PJs. After a relaxing early morning we were off to walk and explore the beach path. We packed a beach bag so we could swim and play when we found a good spot. So we headed south towards the Sheraton. The beach path goes along the beach and then turns in to some hotels. We made it to the Sheraton and took in the beautiful view. We wanted to continue further but in the interest of time (I had a spa day scheduled at 1) we turned back around. We swam in the beautiful water just north of black rock and then walked on the beach slowly making our way back to Honua Kai.

Next it was time to get ready for the afternoon and evening in Lahaina. I ate a lunch in the condo before leaving so I wouldn't get hungry mid treatment. I had been given spa finder gift cards as a birthday gift from my inlaws so I booked a spa day at Maui Zen day spa. You can get spa finder gift cards at Costco for $80 and get $100 worth of gift cards so basically 20% off! I did this and was able to get the "Go Native" package and it was absolutely wonderful! It was so much more affordable than the big resort spas and probably more enjoyable. My experience was quiet, calm and relaxing the entire time! I had two treatments or services. First came the seaside renewal body warm and enzyme face mask. This was provided by a wonderful lady by the mane of Reatha. She was so nice and we found out that she used to live in the same city that my husband used to work. It was great listening to her story and she was so sweet. During the wrap she gave a terrific scalp massage and even French braided my hair :-) after the body wrap and face mask I had the Lomi Lomi massage from Chelsea. She was brilliant! It was probably the best massage I have ever had! I am a certified MT so trust me it was great! This was a wonderful way to enjoy some of my time on Maui to just slow down and relax. It didn't matter that there were exciting things to see and do outside, I was just going to soak in the time I had and better to do it relaxed! Both ladies were fabulous and I would reccomend Maui Zen anytime! it was so worth it and having the gift cards really helped. The whole experience was wonderful and so relaxing!

While I enjoyed some time at the spa DH enjoyed walking around Lahaina. He did a little bit of shopping and had lunch at Cool Cat Cafe, where he ordered the "leader of the pack" burger. He said It had grilled Maui onions on it and it was good and juicy. He did not order fries because he didn't want to be too full for later. He also said he enjoyed some time resting under the banyan in the park. Then he met me back at the spa and we began to look for parking. We actually ended up parking near the spa in an affordable lot for the entire night for only $5! Then we walked around the town. We got some shave ice at Ululani's, which was the best! I think it was better than Matsumoto's on the North shore. Then we thought about checking out snorkel gear at snorkel bobs and decided to take the walk over, but by the time we got there it was 5 min after 5 and they were closed. Oh we'll it was a fun walk :-) really we didn't want to get the gear yet anyway. Then we turned around and went back towards town. We looked in shops and rested under the banyan tree. Finally it was time to head towards the Feast at Lele. We got there a little early and it took us a few moments to figure out where to go exactly. We missed the check in podium because it was by another restaurant and we didn't see it the first time we looked. Once they were open the seated us quickly and presented us with a lovely flower lei and drink upon arrival. We took our picture on the beach, but we knew these professional shots would not be cheap so we traded cameras with another couple and took pictures for each other. Because I made reservations way back in late April, we were seated in the very front row in the center. It was spectacular! You really can feel the heat of the fire from the fire dancer. The entire evening was perfect! The food was delicious, the private table was romantic, the performers were terrific, and we were so glad that we did this together! It was one of the many highlights of our trip! They even wrote a special note on our dessert plate for our anniversary celebration. I will go in to more detail about food etc in my review.

After the amazing feast, we walked back down front street and back to the car. Neither one of us are big drinkers so we were completely sober and capable of driving, but for those who were not, there were plenty of cabs waiting to take people back as well as police watching people leave and walk to parking lots. (so be sure to designate a driver, plan to take a cab, or enjoy the nonalcoholic drinks they offer. Be safe people!)

We went back to HK and got our stuff ready for the morning. We planned Hana for Tuesday. So it was off to bed for another early morning. A perfect day!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
48,232 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Day 5 (fond memories, Aug. 12)

Welcome back! Great report-glad you enjoyed FAL so much and the spa day too!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,982 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Day 5 (fond memories, Aug. 12)

Thanks for reporting, MerryMary, it's nice to have you back. The spa sounds wonderful!!

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Day 5 (fond memories, Aug. 12)

Nice day!!!

East Northport, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Day 5 (fond memories, Aug. 12)

Thanks for reading! It really was a perfect day! So glad I can keep sharing with you :-)

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,277 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Day 5 (fond memories, Aug. 12)

Sounds like a great day glad you are determined to finish your TR'S as we all enjoy them so much.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,691 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Day 5 (fond memories, Aug. 12)

Sounds like you had a great day and thank you for being committed to doing your trip reports! I have a hard time completing them unless I do them in real time! Can't wait to hear more.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,168 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Day 5 (fond memories, Aug. 12)

Wonderful relaxing day with the perfect ending at the FAL. Looking forward to more.

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report Day 5 (fond memories, Aug. 12)

I agree with you completely about the Feast at Le Le. It sounds as if you researched it and booked early etc, way to go :) And yes it was a highlight for us two years ago and we plan on going again next trip.

Dave

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report Day 5 (fond memories, Aug. 12)

Your Day 5 sounds like it was awesome! That's a good deal for the spa treatments and to end the night with FAL was smart thinking. We really enjoyed that evening last year and while I wish we had done the photos, our daughter took great shots of the four of us. Thanks for the report.Deb

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report Day 5 (fond memories, Aug. 12)

Sounds like a pretty awesome day. Glad you enjoyed the FAL - yes it does indeed pay to reserve early!