We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which day?

chicago
Level Contributor
237 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which day?

Ok I have a list of things I know Id like to do while in Maui....but which day is the best for each activity 1.Flying Zip line 2.RTH 3.Snuba with Trilogy4.Majic show. We arrive Sunday afternoon and leave Sunday night.Also wouldn't mind taking a plane to see Pearl Harbor (maybe thats nuts).We are coming Oct 20 I saw that,that is a slow time would you book the activities now or could we wait until we got there? Thank you

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,905 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which day?

Book your snorkel trip early in your vacation time. That way, if something should happen and there is a cancellation, you will be able to go later in the week. Other then that, I don't believe it much matters which do you do things. If there is something that is a "must do" for you, book it before you arrive.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,136 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which day?

The day that you decide to head to Hana, be sure you don't plan anything for early the next day. Hana can easily be a 12hour long day. You will want an easy morning the day after.

The flying Zip does book up I'd go on and get that arranged so you will get the day and time you want.

Edited: 11 September 2013, 01:39
Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which day?

Great advice from msfuzz and barefootnAR. As for the day trip to Honolulu to see Pearl Harbor - it can certainly be done but with only 7 nights, I'd suggest you save it for your next trip. You already have a full day committed with the Hana drive, and your ocean excursion with Trilogy and zip line are half day trips. You'll be amazed at how quickly "Maui Time" sets in and all those pre-trip itinerary things seem less important.

The next time you come to Maui (oh yes, there will be a next time!), plan your flights through Honolulu and do a couple of days there either at the beginning or end of your trip.

chicago
Level Contributor
237 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which day?

Thank you, Im just dying I can't stop thinking about how things will be.Now my husbands says he thinks he would get motion sickness from the boat that takes you snorkeling so maybe we won't do that :(

5. Re: Which day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 06:23