We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medical Marijuana

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Medical Marijuana

I need marijuana for medicinal purposes but I'm afraid to take on plane. Is it easy to find there?

New Berlin, WI
Level Contributor
466 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medical Marijuana

I'm not too sure, but are there not rules you may already need to know about travel with it, issues with police, and so on? Maybe Willie will be on island, perhaps?

2. Re: Medical Marijuana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 20:05
Edited: 17 February 2014, 20:05
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,879 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Medical Marijuana

Medicinal marijuana users on the islands are allowed to grow a little bit for personal use. It is illegal to buy or sell on the street or otherwise.

Edited: 19 September 2013, 01:13
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,109 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Medical Marijuana

I suggest you have a long discussion with your prescribing doctor about the in's and outs of out of state travel.

Fireball, most of the weed offered in Lahaina, isn't weed at all! Tourists are such suckers!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,368 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Medical Marijuana

There are no dispensaries on any of the islands. I didn't think there were dispensaries in Indiana either. You don't want to try to take it on the plane (or into another state), even if you have a current ID card for it.

3Chihuahuas

Edited: 19 September 2013, 01:43
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,348 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Medical Marijuana

There are no reciprocal state-to-state medical marijuana privileges...

You must have a Hawaii "green card" to be covered in the islands.

And you must be a Hawaii resident, with proof of residency, to obtain one.

Plus, it can only be consumed on private property (hotels and other commercial properties are not considered "private property").

Sorry, you are out of luck

And scoring street weed on Maui has been whack since the mid-90s.

Edited: 19 September 2013, 02:03
Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Medical Marijuana

surprised this thread hasn't gone *poof* yet...

or is that *puff*?

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Medical Marijuana

My husband got hit up to buy "Maui Wowie" every time we walked down Front St. No thank you didn't work so he started saying that we're from BC and BC Bud trumps Maui Wowie every time lol!

Edited: 19 September 2013, 02:53
San Jose
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Medical Marijuana

"Cops" did an episode in Kihei a few years back and apparently there is no shortage of Marijuana. If you need a specific CBD/THC ratio or anything specific you may have a problem.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,270 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Medical Marijuana

Even here in California we can't use outside of our homes! But that does not stop the motivated patient. If you get your meds from a reliable store (not sure what they do in your state), your pharmacist can help you with packaging and edible options. Keep your prescription on you. In any case, don't go out on the street to buy!