We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel? 3 listed...

Auburn, California
6 posts
Save Topic
which hotel? 3 listed...

I have 3 hotels to choose from and wondering if anyone would pick one over the other. Outrigger Maui El Dorado, Maui Coast hotel and Royal Laihana resort.

Just looking for a nice, clean place. Doesn't really matter what it's near. Just want to relax on the beach for 5 days. NEED relaxation and getaway.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,582 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel? 3 listed...

Of those 3 I'd go with the Royal Lahaina! But where are you getting just those 3 recs?

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,270 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel? 3 listed...

I haven't stayed at any of them, but the beach in front of both Royal Lahaina and Maui Eldorado is beautiful.

Royal Lahaina is right on the beach, Maui Eldorado is a 5 or so minute walk (there's a golf course between it and the ocean, and they have a beach pavilion with restrooms).

Maui Coast is in South Maui, across the street from the beach.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

Seattle
Level Contributor
361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel? 3 listed...

I've only stayed at the Royal Lahaina, but can recommend it unequivocally - just make sure that you are in the tower, not in the cottages.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,270 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel? 3 listed...

Roy, I was going to suggest the same thing, but then I noticed some good recent reviews for the cottages ... maybe they've been spruced up?

Litchfield Park...
Level Contributor
169 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel? 3 listed...

The El Dorado and Royal Lahaina both have access to the same great stretch of Kaanapali beach north of Black Rock. The El Dorado are condos with kitchen facilities where you would have to walk about 5 to 10 minutes down to the beach(or staff can shuttle you with a golf cart). However, they do have a private beach cabana with a fridge etc.

The Royal Lahaina is a hotel right on the beach. If booking here stay in the towers, and not the cottages.

It all depends if you want a condo vs. hotel experience - you get the same great beach with these two.

I know nothing about the Maui Coast.

Good Luck!

Auburn, California
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel? 3 listed...

thanks for the recs. I will start looking more at each. Just wanted to know if any of them were really dumpy or anything to look out for. It's been YEARS since we've been to Maui and I don't even remember where we stayed that time. I see airfare has really gone up over the past 10 years!! Yeah.. haven't been anywhere for a long time!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotel? 3 listed...

Maui Eldorado and Royal Lahaina are on a great part of Kaanapali Beach. Not crowded and sandy, just the way I like it. Both are service by the free Kaanapali Resort free shuttle to the other hotels in the immediate area.

Maui Eldorado are individually owned condos and are decorated differently. All have a kitchen and the studios are big. The beach is on the other side of the Kaanapali golf course and their cabana is directly on the beachfront. Behind it is the strip with a massage place, a couple of casual restuarants and a new Whalers General Store (ownded by Foodland)

Royal Lahaina is a hotel with pool side service, restauarant, deli and general store, a couple of shops, valet

ice cream parlor and their own luau. Been years since I was in a room but the tower was upgraded a few years ago.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which hotel? 3 listed...

I've stayed at the Maui Coast, it's a really nice hotel in a good location but probably not what you are looking for. If it fits in your budget, check out the Makena Beach and Golf Resort in Makena which is in south Maui. This is where you will find your relaxation. It's set apart from all other hotels in the area. A short drive into Wailea and Kihei if you want a bit more "action".

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,369 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: which hotel? 3 listed...

Another vote for Makena Beach Resort. Wonderful snorkeling beach. OK pool. Warm staff. Quiet.

10. Re: which hotel? 3 listed...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 10:21