We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 8

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Day 8

Aloha again from Napili. It is so beautiful here, sigh...

Snorkel end again at Honokeana and used my underwater camera, got great pics of honu's. They are so majestic.

I have to say I was very impressed with the sunset show at Fleetwood's, what an amazing venue. Let me tell you, bagpipes T sunset with Lanai in the background, well, lets just say tears were involved....

Dinner at Kimos was good, had never dined there before. Had coconut crusted marlin which was a first for me. Really good and big portions. Brought us the famous Hula pie, whoa is it big. Thought it would be like mud pie... Yummy!

Breakfast on Saturday at Leodas Pies. Had veggie frittata, really good! Of course took home box full of yummy stuff for later ... Ate the Olowalu lime pie last night, I swear all we do is eat (not really but feels like it).

Dinner in last night, cooked ribs and sweet potatoe fries with wedge salad, yum. Beautiful sunset in the pouring rain, loved how everyone ran for cover, hubby and I just rode it out, laughing...doesn't get better than that! Beautiful rainbow on Napili....ahhh...

Today went to Honoloa Bat and got a half of a Huli Huli chicken for lunch, uh, yum!!!

The kid we got it from is there everyday at the vista point above the bay. Not our last visit....

Tonite, off to OLL with my friend who lives here, it's her birthday.

Five more full days after today, still in see that we are here.

A very grateful Babs

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
25,063 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 8

Oh, have a wonderful time at the OLL tonight! And how nice to be able to celebrate a birthday with your friend!

You didn't mention how you liked Uncle Willie????? I have only seen him at Mulligan's.

Thanks for checking in with us again. I hope you don't experience any rain tonight at the OLL!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,569 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 8

Good on you! Meeting friends on Island is the best! Can't wait to here about OLL!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 8

I hope you had a great time at the Old Lahania Luau. We have been twice and have always enjoyed it.

Savour every minute of your last five days.

Alberta Travelbug

Cheryl

Saskatoon...
Level Contributor
753 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 8

Enjoying your reports! I been meaning to ask if the sunset show at Fleetwoods with the bagpipes is an adult only venue or is it kid friendly? We would all love (kids included) to see this show.

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,625 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 8

Hi Babs, Yes it sure is beautiful there, Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It's really nice to see all my TA friends, the regular posters here on the Maui board, each get our time on the island.

Of course its really nice to see a newcomer take their first trip too.

But I guess I like hearing from you and other return visitors, because I really get where you're coming from. That to *be* there is the greatest joy. Otherwise, why would we keep going back?

Hope you had a great time at the Luau and that you have a blast for the rest of your trip.

Dave

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,993 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 8

Awesome, Babs so great to know what a great time you are having!!

T S
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,863 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 8

I love hearing about your days on Maui, Babs. I am grateful that you are sharing them with us. Looking forward to hearing more.

Falcon, Colorado
Level Contributor
375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 8

It sounds like a wonderful trip!

9. Re: Day 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 06:19