We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui on Friday is a go! Yay!

Falcon, Colorado
Level Contributor
375 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Maui on Friday is a go! Yay!

Woo hoo! My surgeon gave me the okay to go this Friday! I am so happy that I get to hang out on Maui and drink Mai Tais and Pina Coladas and hang out by the pool! I am really looking forward to this magical place that all of you have painted such a beautiful picture of. I appreciate the advice of fun things to do while taking it easy. Friday afternoon will be Duke's for HH and music. Saturday will be whatever Saturday is and Sunday we are going to hang out at the condo, fix a brunch and watch the Broncos' game. We have a few other things planned- the aquarium, Makawao, the Winery, the OLL and possibly the RTH. I was given the okay to get in the pool- no swimming but I can get in so lots of pool time and sunrises and sunsets on the beach. Awh- I can hardly wait! See you soon Maui...........

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui on Friday is a go! Yay!

Good news nothing like some time on Maui to make life seem better!!

Very happy for you :-)

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,428 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui on Friday is a go! Yay!

Just be careful and make sure that back is OK with long drives before you hit the Road to Hana, but I'm sure the plane ride will give you an idea! :-)

The oceanfront sports bar over at the Westin could be a lively option for watching the Broncos...it's about a 5 minute walk south of HK along the boardwalk. Lots of TVs and lots of other fans to share with!

So glad! Enjoy your trip!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,777 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui on Friday is a go! Yay!

This is FANTASTIC news!!! I am so happy for you!

Another option for that game is the Maui Brewing Company. No view there, but great beer. I like mamma's idea better though... no need to drive!

Swap meet on Saturday!!!!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,374 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui on Friday is a go! Yay!

Yeah! So glad to hear it! Maui is a wonderful place to be whether it is big on adventure, or just hanging out. Enjoy!!!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui on Friday is a go! Yay!

How awesome is that? So glad you are going to make it. You are lucky that we are actually getting the Bronco's game. That way you don't have to go to a sports bar. We didn't get the game last week. Neat thing is, it's at 10:30am so you will still have all afternoon to spend at the beach!!

Falcon, Colorado
Level Contributor
375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui on Friday is a go! Yay!

UNCMOM2011- thanks for the good wishes!

mamma - once again great idea! I didn't even know that the Westin has a sports bar. It is always fun to share the game with other fans. I had not thought much about being in a car all day for the Road to Hana but I think if we go we will only go part way.

JOan- We have talked about the Maui Brewing Company and if we don't pop in for the game we will for sure visit some other day. Where is the swap meet? Is it close by?

travelbugged- thanks for the well wished also!

msfuzz- ohhh I didn't know that you didn't get the game last week. We checked the local Maui tv schedule last night to make sure that we could see the game somewhere. And yes- the rest of the day at the beach! Yay!

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui on Friday is a go! Yay!

Swap Meet is at the community college in Kahului where you fly into it is on saturdays from 7-1 and I love it.

Lots of local made craft booths lots of variety. Two of my favorite booths are 808 Tees good prices on quality tees and Nalu Koa she makes the best body creams and soaps not cheap but so worth the money I got the tuberose scent in both oh it smells heavenly, I am almost out of the body cream gonna have to make an online order soon.

Falcon, Colorado
Level Contributor
375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui on Friday is a go! Yay!

Thanks! It sounds like fun.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,777 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui on Friday is a go! Yay!

Swap meet is 50 cents to get in, and make sure you take a big tote bag for all your treasures. And WATER! It gets hot there.

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Maui on Friday is a go! Yay!

Excellent news, so glad you can go. Take care of your back :) I take it you're staying at Honua Kai? Such a nice place, enjoy your trip, can't think of a nicer place to recuperate.

Dave