We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa Grande

DC
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Spa Grande

Aloha again!

Just booked myself a big ol' package at Spa Grande, then realized I'll be done at 330, and the wedding we're coming to Maui to celebrate is at 4 (at the GW.) Anyone able to give insight as to how timely the spa is at moving you through? I think I'll be fine as long as I don't run late. Bring my dress with me, throw on a little lip gloss and run through the hotel..

Also, how many people opt out of bathing suits in the Terme area? I'm all for naked spa time, unless I'm the only one doing it. :)

Thanks much!

Lisa

(who has 9 days until she flies out, and is getting giddy)

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa Grande

That's cutting it kinda of close...you should try move your pampering session half an hour earlier. I would hate to stress about time while trying to relax.

I enjoyed a 3 or 4 hours long package at the Spa Grande a few years ago. I remembered that they were pretty good with time, but there were parts of the treatment where you might want to slow down and enjoy.

I don't think you will be the only one in your birthday suit at the spa. If I remember correctly, you have to be naked in their mineral baths. And they provided big white robes to the guests.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa Grande

I would try to change your times. You will be so relaxed after your treatment that you won't want to rush out. After your treatment, you can go back downstairs at the spa to shower, lotion up, lay on one of the loungers as you sip some ice water. Let the Spa Grande experience sink in...don't run out in a hurry. Counterproductive.

As far as nudity...I was all ready to go nude, but everyone else had their suits on, so I started out that way as well. Once they called me in for the scrub, I took off my top for that part, and just ended up keeping it off. You do not need to be nude ever...it is your choice.

You do get a nice robe to go from one section to another, so you do have some coverage if you decide to go without your suit. That being said....yes, you can still wear your bathing suit to every tub in the spa. No need to go nude unless you want to.

BTW...what a great spa!!! You will love it.

3. Re: Spa Grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 06:21