We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mothers day trip to maui, where to stay

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Topic
mothers day trip to maui, where to stay

Where should my mother and I stay on Maui?

All these choices are within $30 -60 for the entire stay.

Aston Maui kaanapali villas- hotel room

Maui coast hotel - hotel room

Sugar beach Maui condo resort - 1 bed ocean view

Outrigger royal kahana -1 bed ocean view

Seems nice to have the space of a one bedroom as my mom wakes early. We will have a car.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mothers day trip to maui, where to stay

I definitely agree that having more space is good I would not stay anywhere but a condo on Maui.

I haven't stayed down south but booked us to stay at the Royal Kahana for our trip this past june then found a bargain at Nohonani for our dates so we ended up staying there and loved it. I think the RK would have been fine but we really do prefer smaller low rise complexes.

Our next trip is also next may and I booked us to stay at Nohonani again.

Just curious but what kind of nightly rates are you finding for your dates?

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mothers day trip to maui, where to stay

I am leaning towards a package with flight and hotel or condo. We are staying for 5 nights for about 875-890 per person. Looked at doing it separately but not finding any savings. We fly out of Sacramento with direct flights.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mothers day trip to maui, where to stay

Oh ok we never do packages not yet anyways. I paid for one leg on HA out of Vegas with miles and paid for the other but i booked them as separate itineraries LAS-HNL/OGG-LAS that way I only need one inter island flight and will be using a Delta companion fare to get from NC to Vegas unfortunately it cost a lot more to get to Hawaii from the East Coast. We are spending two nights on Oahu before we head to Maui.

I would be leaning towards the RK just because I like that area of Maui a lot. Although I think the beach at Maui Ka'anapali Villas is great but I think you will also have to pay the daily resort fee no matter how you book there.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,167 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mothers day trip to maui, where to stay

Are there any of the Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas condos available with your package? That would be my choice if you can get one...lovely property with a great on-site restaurant, on a lovely stretch of beach and on the trolley line into Whaler's Village.

Second would be Royal Kahana, I have a friend who adores that place! And the oceanviews should be killer.

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: mothers day trip to maui, where to stay

Agree completely with Mamma on the Villas and Kahana, the other two places....not my favorites.

Dave

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: mothers day trip to maui, where to stay

Thanks will look into a condo at the villas and then if not will choose royal kahana. Thanks for the advice.

7. Re: mothers day trip to maui, where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2014, 05:18