We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally.....Maui 2013 Lazy Sunday, Beach & Sansei

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Finally.....Maui 2013 Lazy Sunday, Beach & Sansei

This is my blog for Sunday and honestly, some days are just wonderfully laid back! I have learned some truths about myself......I am not a cook on vacation, irregardless of my best intentions. We do not eat much on vacation and what we eat tends to be from the overwhelming amount of places we want to experience! I will be back to making meals at home soon enough......right now we are enjoying Maui's restaurants.

…blogspot.com/2013/…

Sorry about all the typos! I now wear contacts and my eyesight for seeing near is not as good without cheater glasses! It is not a situation I am used to yet! Got to remember to keep the cheater readers handy! And the sun makes it hard to see! Such a difficult dilemma! I do not like typos but in the interest of my free time.....that is the trade off! Thanks for all the positive comments! Take care! Deb

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Lazy Sunday, Beach & Sansei

Ahhh...the lost art of doing nothing. Hard to do these days. Thanks for another enjoyable post. Wonder why I'm always hungry when I finish reading.

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Lazy Sunday, Beach & Sansei

haha, picture books bring back the kid in me. what could be better aside popups and scratch and sniff. good you grabbed that butterfish, so many items on the menu are ignored as patrons love the sushi. although I think its plated boring compared to other dishes its still a fave. did you bring your beach chair while u waited or did u notice others waiting in beach chairs. I like the way the tourists do it.

I'm undecided on the saimin but I like you get the shrimp tempura it come's with. udon, never had it there yet. the fried ice cream whatever it is, is a fun try if you have room for desert next time. living here half the year Sansei remains in the top 5 for Kihei for me and also the most visited.

Mentioned in this post
Sansei Seafood Restaurant
1,282 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Lazy Sunday, Beach & Sansei

Susan.....the art of doing nothing is embraced by us and it feels so good!

Kai_khem......brought the beach chair and worked on my blog, while visiting with the folks in line. So fun and a learning experience about food and Maui! We aren't sushi lovers and did not need to be to enjoy the meal. We had the fried tempura last week and wish I had ordered it again. I am almost always down for dessert, but not that night! It looked so amazingly yummy.....but HUGE!!! We were turned onto this night by friends and will be back each trip. We stay in Kihei and this is an awesome evening! Deb

Mentioned in this post
Hana Kai Maui
Hana Kai Maui
709 Reviews
Maui, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Iowa
Level Contributor
12,340 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Lazy Sunday, Beach & Sansei

Love the family time, Deb! It looks like exactly our style when one or more of our boys are with us. They would (will, I hope) love Sansei! I know you are treasuring this time, and those picture without the eye rolls are a real treasure aren't they?

Mentioned in this post
1,282 Reviews
Maui, HI
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,577 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Lazy Sunday, Beach & Sansei

I love how you finish your blog right before I wake up! Perfect timing!!!

Definitely perfect days. Love the relaxing and it is great when you can do whatever you want. I love no "have tos". You know... I look at Thomas and his thrill if taking pictures and I know I have a long way to go with Gavin! LOL.

Texas
Level Contributor
858 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Lazy Sunday, Beach & Sansei

Your happiness just shines out of your blog!

Can hardly wait to hear about the helicopter ride.

Here's to another happy Maui day for you and your guys!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,720 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Lazy Sunday, Beach & Sansei

Enjoying your blog and pictures. a winner is the one of the guys standing in the water with their back to you.. something about the father son image that's heart warming.

Looking forward to today!!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
26,955 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Lazy Sunday, Beach & Sansei

Good morning Deb! Appreciated the "heads up" that you had another blog done. I have been losing track of your days, and am so glad that you are too! That's always a good sign, when you don't know what day it is, or that it doesn't matter.

Enjoy your lunch today at the Class Act. I hope they have iced tea for Mike ;o)

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Lazy Sunday, Beach & Sansei

Barefoot......I have an affection for those photos of backs to me and loved that one! Could it be that for quite some time those were the best shots I could get of Thomas without threats?

Lol......yes, Jennifer the road to happy, compliant photos can long BUT you will see the light at the end of the tunnel in Monday's blog!!!

Joan.......Mike was thrown off his game at Ruby's Diner and ordered a pop the other night!! He has said on this trip that iced tea is his "vacation adult beverage"!!! So funny!

Betty......you know we'll how you have to grab those moments with your kiddos! So happy! Deb

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
49,839 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Lazy Sunday, Beach & Sansei

What another wonderful day in paradise!! On the go or doing nothing is the order of the day. Loved the sky shots Deb, thanks!!