We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopper alert

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Shopper alert

Well it looks like it's going to happen. Outlets of Maui in Lahaina is set for a soft opening sometime next month.

Located behind the Hard Rock Cafe in the Hilo Hattie complex you can knock yourself out at the Coach, Hilfiger and Michael Kors outlets.

Don't think I'm gonna tell my daughter about this new wrinkle! :-)

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,865 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopper alert

LOL...thank goodness I don't shop while on Maui LOL. Thanks for the info Mamma

Lagrangeville, NY
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopper alert

The sometime next month is Nov 21. Look for Black Friday sales!

mauinow.com/2013/…

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,524 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopper alert

Glad to see something move into the stores, a lot of them sat empty for years.

Helmetta, New Jersey
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopper alert

hehehe....just in time for my 11/25 arrival.......and I was upset because I usually make it the Jersey Shore Premium Outlets over the thanksgiving weekend but not this year......hmmmm maybe that has now changed.....will have to check it out!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
781 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopper alert

So glad this wasn't open while I was there. Must respect those luggage limits . lol

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,398 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopper alert

Thanks, mamma!! Glad to hear this is moving into something already built. Hope this helps those who have tried to make a go out of this center.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,622 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopper alert

Well, I said getting on the plane that this would not be a trip for purchases......yeah, I love the jewelry, art and found three of the best sweaters ever on dirt cheap sales! I am not a high end shopper, as evidenced by my tote purse!!!!! But I will not walk through next month irregardless! Thanks for the warning! Deb

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopper alert

Seems amazing that they got some of the same stores that had closed in that center to come back and reopen.

The center had so many empty spaces it was a huge undertaking to remodel and remove the termites.

I hope they gave these big name tenants one year free rent and rubber stamps to validate the pay parking.

Level Contributor
389 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopper alert

We love parking there every year but sad to see stores come and go. Sounds positive to get a bunch of names like that to get things going over there. I'll plan on the lots being packed next spring when we come

Mission, Kansas
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopper alert

Rut Roh.......and I promised hubby not to shop this trip!!