We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who knew tiger sharks look like turtles? Dumb ppl like me

Next to water
Level Contributor
298 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Who knew tiger sharks look like turtles? Dumb ppl like me

Tiger shark off wailea beach today...no widespread panic. Just controlled "get out of the water." 2 paddleboarders and a kayak started following it with a camera...saw them get past the point on the far end of where the Grand Wailea ends then they turned around. You can see the pics and video at the dive station at the Four Seasons. It was a 10 foot tiger shark that didn't show any aggression thank goodness.

Interesting to see people and small children just wading out after the incident with no issues..other than them looking out into the ocean? I guess they figure they will just out swim the next one??? There were also fisherman nearby who had dead fish on a spear and line....wonder if that was basically chum in the water?

It looked like a large turtle shadow from the shore..../embarassed

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Who knew tiger sharks look like turtles? Dumb ppl like me

There seems to have been a few sightings this year. I'm glad everyone is safe. I don't think I would have been able to go in the water right after.

Looking like a turtle shadow, it is funny what our imagination allows us to see.

Stay safe and enjoy your vacation.

Alberta Travelbug

Cheryl

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,161 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who knew tiger sharks look like turtles? Dumb ppl like me

Oh gosh Pink why did you have to print that.. I was just feeling relaxed in the water. We enjoyed Maluaka this morning. Well the water was crystal clear and very very calm...

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Who knew tiger sharks look like turtles? Dumb ppl like me

I second that Barefoot

4. Re: Who knew tiger sharks look like turtles? Dumb ppl like me

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 06:18