We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Car Rental Maui- which convertible brand did you get?

Sydney
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Car Rental Maui- which convertible brand did you get?

Hi there!

Going to Maui in early December :)

We are looking at renting a convertible through Budget car rental and I am just curious as to what car people have received in the past through this arrangement..a chevy? Chrysler cebring? Naturally I am hoping for something exciting like a chevy camaro!

Thankyou for your help :)

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Car Rental Maui- which convertible brand did you get?

I don't know which they have at Budget, but I did see two guys lower the tops side by side recently. One a Sebring and the other a Mustang - Mustang was down at least 4 times faster. As someone that occasionally rents a convertible, I was surprised at the difference. Might be helpful if a sudden shower came up.

Edited: 17 October 2013, 07:19
D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Car Rental Maui- which convertible brand did you get?

We got a Mustang on our last trip from Budget

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Car Rental Maui- which convertible brand did you get?

Can't comment on what Budget's 'or similar' convertibles are but have noticed that Hertz have some more interesting models. Think they might even have Camaros. They do list Mitsubishi Spiders for sure.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,684 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Car Rental Maui- which convertible brand did you get?

Sebrings and Mustangs are the most popular with all rental agencies. If you want something fancier, you will likely have to pay for it. MT is right in that Hertz often has some premium cars. They can come with a premium price. joining the #1 Gold Club might help you get an upgrade. I used a free day i got from membership points once on Oahu and got an Audi.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,684 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Car Rental Maui- which convertible brand did you get?

Selected a Camaro SS convertible for early Dec via Hertz ... $994 a week and that's a slow time. BUT ... you can get the exact car (most rentals are just whatever is available). So if it's really worth it, the option is definitely out there!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,993 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget Car Rental Maui- which convertible brand did you get?

Sebrings and Mustangs are the convertibles that are rented out most often. If you want a Camero, like above, you will pay a premium price for it.

Sydney
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget Car Rental Maui- which convertible brand did you get?

Thanks everyone! Hopefully we get a good car :)

Canberra
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget Car Rental Maui- which convertible brand did you get?

We were just in Maui and got a convertible mustang from budget, they did offer the camaro for the same price but the guy helping us advised against it as he said the top was slower to put up/down and took up boot space where the mustang doesn't. Loved the mustang, obviously the more likely option over there judging by the number on the roads!

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget Car Rental Maui- which convertible brand did you get?

We ended up with a Chrysler 200, which is the updated Sebring, and found it quite roomy and it had a surprisingly large trunk.

10. Re: Budget Car Rental Maui- which convertible brand did you get?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 06:22