We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally.....Maui 2013 Aloha Maui We love you.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,596 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Finally.....Maui 2013 Aloha Maui We love you.

The last day sneaks up on you no matter how short or long your vacation is and most people do end up going home. The long good-bye was the day before and on this day, I was ready. But first we got to have some fun, food and frustration! Looking forward to my return and our return in the spring......Aloha for now Maui!

Take care, Deb

…blogspot.com/2013/…

Texas
Level Contributor
845 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Aloha Maui We love you.

This blog has my heart singing on so many different levels. Thank you for sharing so much wisdom and joy!

New England
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Aloha Maui We love you.

Deb, hugs for bringing me along on your travels by way of your blog. I stopped taking notes so that I have a reason to go back and read them again. I laugh when you describe your son that you take so many pictures. Last year on a family trip my son said, " I didn't need to worry about a camera. I knew mom would have it covered." Made me laugh. I could also picture my son chuckling over my luggage. Hoping some day we could take them to Maui.

Jan

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,096 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Aloha Maui We love you.

Well, I thought I had time to read your blog before I'm off to my hula class, but again, I realize it is not something I want to rush through. It's not just a blog, it's an experience. You were up late posting this one! Hope you have a restful Saturday.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Aloha Maui We love you.

Thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us all. I enjoyed it very much....lucky for you, you will be nack soin. Thay may have taken the sting out of leaving.

Did you ever think....maybe I should just stay here for the three weeks while I wait for my other family members to arrive????

Thanks again!!!!

TLO

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,842 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Aloha Maui We love you.

Yeah! I actually got to read the whole thing this morning. A wonderful ending! I am also happy that we will still get treated to the backside blog! Thomas was very patient with the pictures this trip. Glad you had such a wonderful time and you now know you can just go where your heart is. Looking forward to the next trip...almost as much as you!

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,779 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Aloha Maui We love you.

Good morning Deb. I'm excited to read your last two days blog and maybe even the "backside blog" this weekend when I have time to really sink my teeth in! I've peeked at the photos on my tablet, but it's so much better on the laptop. I'll wait until I can sit down and do it justice.

May I say, I think your real photography talent is getting those shots that are everyday (on Maui) sights that are so dear to us all! I love the feet in the sand series with the surf washing over and your description of the feeling of sinking in. It's those little things that take us right there with you. :-)

Have a wonderful Alaska weekend!

Edited: 19 October 2013, 16:56
NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Aloha Maui We love you.

What a wonderful trip you guys had and you are the best for sharing it with us!

I like the look of the Koa Lagoon from the outside if we ever decide to stay south I am going to give your place a try for sure.

Boy Michelle and Chris really are Seahawks fans huh is that a wall in their house? Jim only watches baseball so we have never really watched much sports in our house, but Stephen is a big sports fan he likes everything I think Julianna tolerates it cause she loves him but only thing she really likes to watch is Tarheel basketball.

One day I hope we can spend a whole month on Maui that would be wonderful beyond belief!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,955 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Aloha Maui We love you.

I didn't turn off the computer until midnight last night, checking to see if you would get the blog up... glad I didn't wait any longer! What are you going to do when Mike starts the day shift this week???

I loved all the pictures of the frisbee game. I can see you will have to get some more frames pretty quick, and do some more picture hanging!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. We have a lot of fog right now, and airports all along the coast have cancelled flights. Even Vancouver airport has cancelled flights.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Aloha Maui We love you.

Hi Deb! I am so totally a newbie here! LOL! I just figured out this morning that you have links to your blog and I laughed and cried my way through this one and am going to try to go back to the others.

I also just figured out this morning that you are the one going back again in November! ...just getting to figure everyone out here.

I think it is awesome you vacation with your adult children, so far I don't see that in our near future but I can hope for someday.

I dream of going to Maui with my granddaughters someday, they are 6, 2 & 1 and the joys of my life.

Thank you for getting my day off to a fabulous start with the awesome read, thanks for sharing your aloha and thanks for making this a fun place to hang out!

burnaby
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Finally.....Maui 2013 Aloha Maui We love you.

Deb....I so enjoy your blog....I am reliving our times in Maui through you.....why I feel like you are my new BFF!