We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Questions

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking Questions

Will be staying in Wailea at the end of the month. If I'm driving to Kihei, Lahaina, Kaanapali and Paia, what types of parking is there? Mostly street parking with meters? Or parking lots? How about around Whaler's Village?

Also are right turns allowed at a red signal?

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Questions

Right turns on red are allowed if there is no sign saying otherwise. (you should come to a complete stop first.) kihei and Lahaina will be mostly parking lots...paid ones in Lahaina, at least most of them. Kaanapali will also be lots or decks. You can park at whaler's village for free if you spend $15 or $20 and get your parking ticket validated. There is also some free beach parking at some of the kaanapali hotels but it fills up early.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Questions

Paia has street parking as well as some free lots.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking Questions

Konagirl - Thanks! About how much is parking in those areas? Ballpark amount?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,432 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking Questions

The only place you have to pay to park in Kihei and/or Wailea is at the hotels. I think if you go for a meal at the hotels parking is either free or validated.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking Questions

Most pay lots are automated and take credit cards.

Free parking in 500 block Front Street, 3 hours free. in Lahaina.

Whalers Village I try to get in beach access. Validation with purchase isn't my idea of fun.

Full stop on a red and then turn right. You will see many people kind of swishing through so be careful not to get rear ended when you come to a full stop. No cell phones or devices while driving.

6. Re: Parking Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 05:18