We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkle south maui???

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
snorkle south maui???

Folks,

Trade winds and surf are howling on the north and west shores, we are staying in napili. Tomorrow is our last full day here and would like to spend all day at the beach snorkeling. I have never snorkeled on the south beaches, what would be a good one? Please consider public parking. We will be down in the area as early as 7am.

Honolua is my favorite but we waited too long to go there, it was just too churned up. Napili and kapalua are real bad, so we have been going down to Airport beach, (one of my new fav's). So something of the sorts would be good, thanks all!

Mentioned in this post
Honolua Store
Honolua Store
668 Reviews
Maui, HI
Napili Beach
Napili Beach
2,390 Reviews
Maui, HI
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,641 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkle south maui???

Try Ulua Beach. Or even the rocky outcrops at the Kam beaches might be a possibility. The beach at the Makena Resort is another one.

Enjoy your last day!

Mentioned in this post
Ulua Beach
Ulua Beach
584 Reviews
Maui, HI
Makena Beach
Makena Beach
775 Reviews
Maui, HI
S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,793 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkle south maui???

check the papers or surf reports to see what's happening at the south beaches.

Agree with Joan. Ulua or in Front of the Makena Resort.

Mentioned in this post
Ulua Beach
Ulua Beach
584 Reviews
Maui, HI
Makena Beach
Makena Beach
775 Reviews
Maui, HI
Nanaimo, Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: snorkle south maui???

We go to the Dumps or Ahihi Cove 1st (good snorkeling but no sandy beaches), then head back to Maluaka, Po'olenalena or Ulua until the trades pick up.

Mentioned in this post
Maluaka Beach
Maluaka Beach
321 Reviews
Maui, HI
Ulua Beach
Ulua Beach
584 Reviews
Maui, HI
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: snorkle south maui???

Thanks all, at Ulua beach now. Exercise now and then park it here for the next few hours.

BTW, sorry for two post on this but I did not think the original one went thru, (user error). Lol

Mentioned in this post
Ulua Beach
Ulua Beach
584 Reviews
Maui, HI
chicago
Level Contributor
255 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snorkle south maui???

We snorkeled today by the dumps and I saw so many fish even a little puffer wow so cool.We rented scooters so it was easy to get to and it was amazing.

6. Re: snorkle south maui???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 05:21