We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Trip Report #4: A little condo issue

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Trip Report #4: A little condo issue

So i would be remiss if I didnt spend a little time talking about the little condo issue we had the first part of our trip. The condo was woking out ok intilI decided it was time to do laundry. ..day 2 of our trip. i turned onthe washer and noticed that there was a small drip coming out of the water faucet...I called front desk/maintenance to let them know and they said they would send someone in the morning...ok no problem. the leak explained shy the condo smelled musty the night we walked in. We had also noticed the first day that there were a couple of large tiles in the master bedroom that were loose, and the floor was buckiling....all signs of water issues. Long sotry short maintnenance came in and did something but it had notheing to do with fixing the faucet for the laundry...grrr...another call

The next morning, this now day 4 of the trip, we wakeup with a pool,of water by the washer...grrrr...another call to maintenance to re explain what and where the issue is....theyll send soemeone...ok. we return home from the day and inhave a pile of laundry tomdo now...load the clothes, put the soap in and...WTH....the washer doesnt work. So this is the day the kids got certified, we get home from the beach and going out to dinner and now this...really...another call to front desk... mindyou I am calling because hubby is through the roof...so front desk says thye will give us eky toma condominour complex so we can do our laundry...and the they will re send the plumber back the next day...ok ...cool. so we go tot the front desk get the key get all our laundry ut of the washer and take it tothe condo ehihc is one flight up and on theother side of the building...we get to the room and......REaLLY!!!!??? the door doesnt open. What ensues...ok ...I am not proud of this but... a slight temper tantrum. We lug the laundry back to the room....I am beyond irritated because Im hungry, I wanted this dinner to be anawesome celebratuon for the kids and now im just ticked off. So hubby says...lets just go to dinner... so off we go but nmot before i drop,off the key to the front desk....i think I was almost in tears...i told the girl at the front desk...I do not spend this kind of money tohave issues like this go on for five days...plus we travel light becuase we have a washer dryer and now we have no clothes because they are dirty andhave soap on them...this is ridiculous...and i will never stay here again....all that was missing was stomping my feet.

ok...that's off my chest...now i feel better and we go to dinner. Whe we return ther is a message on the machine that theynhave a room two doors down where we can do our laundry and they promise they will have the issue fixed to tomorrow. Well alrighty then....thank you

The good news is they did finally fix the problem two days later and we had no other issues at all during our stay.

Looking back...I probably should have handles that better but really 4.5 days to fix what shuld have been a fairly easy fix...

ok...now i can write about the RtH...in the next report

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,590 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Trip Report #4: A little condo issue

Everyone is allowed to throw a tantrum! It is frustrating when they don't fix issues. Glad it got handled and you were able to go on!

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Trip Report #4: A little condo issue

Yup I understand because we travel light too so the ability to do laundry is a must besides that you are paying good money for things to work and if they don't they should be fixed in a timely manner.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,344 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Trip Report #4: A little condo issue

You know, a mama bear needs to take care of her cubs, so a bit of growling at anyone who gets in your way is allowed!

Having our kids with us on vacation, I couldn't help getting emotional about things that might seem small otherwise. It's only natural!

If they had so many other units for you to drag your laundry to, maybe they should have let you move to one of those - especially if it was nicer! Glad it worked out in the end!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,421 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Trip Report #4: A little condo issue

That's what I was thinking too Teri... why not just move you to the other unit? It certainly is a slower time of year now. So glad you got it all worked out in the end. But I have to agree, it shouldn't have taken that long for sure. Glad that is out of the way, cuz I was really looking forward to your RTH report!

Also, I am glad you are spacing these out for us. I need to savour them!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Trip Report #4: A little condo issue

To be fair..Kam Sands offered to move us after Day three but thats a pain too....we were fine where we were and didnt want waste valuable time packing up and moving. After my little melt down, it was all good, the unit we ended up doing laundry in was stunning! Totally upgraded, but it was only a one bedroom....funny thing is we kind of got attached o our quirky condo in the end...lol

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,494 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui Trip Report #4: A little condo issue

And you had all your places figured out by now, too! Little fits when nobody has their stuff together and you need clothes is very reasonable to me!!! I would want to get my clothes clean ASAP! Teen age girls want to wear what they want to wear, much less us moms!

When I was disappointed with our hotel room on Oahu, we just looked at each other and decided we were ok......lol!!! Moving wasn't worth the hassle and we liked the TV and lanai. The bed was crazy comfy......just a small room. We lived. I am chomping at the but for your RTH report.........got to go look and see if it is there yet. Deb

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui Trip Report #4: A little condo issue

That is to bad that happened, but it sounds like it all worked out. A little tantrum is ok when it is warranted and it was in your case. Looking forward to your RTH report.

Cheryl

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui Trip Report #4: A little condo issue

I probably would have dumped the laundry in the office at some point and told them to bring it back...clean, dry, and folded.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui Trip Report #4: A little condo issue

Ha Ha Ha, Deb "chomping at the but". Great auto correct......I hope!!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maui Trip Report #4: A little condo issue

You get total dispensation on this one Mickey...you were patient, you tried to resolve it and they dropped the ball. Mini tantrum allowed! It was hardly a "Diva" meltdown, you weren't throwing a hissy about the ice cubes in your drink.