We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-you-can eat dinner buffets

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
909 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
All-you-can eat dinner buffets

Aloha everyone! For the past 6 years, we have traveled to Hawaii for the holidays, along with my in-laws. My in-laws, especially my MIL, is pretty much meat & potatoes, where my FIL will try pretty much anything. Last year for my birthday, we did the Hapuna Prince Seafood buffet on the Big Island, and had an excellent meal!! Tons of Ahi, crab, shrimp, prime rib, great choice of desserts, and a really great view. My MIL was happy, she ate Turkey, stuffing & potatoes- I swear ;o)

I am wondering if Maui has something similar. I don't really want a luau (we have done the OLL twice, which we love but really enjoy Aloha Mixed Plate better). Any help would be great!!!!

antioch
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All-you-can eat dinner buffets

well its not exactly oceanfront Kapalua but the Rainbow Terrace at The Maui Beach Hotel in Kahului has a prime rib and crab buffet saturday nights(35.00 pp) never eaten there myself so cant offer an opinion.

I remember a good 15 years ago took our two kids to Maui, had a great seafood dinner buffet i think at the wailea renaissance hotel, used the Entertainment book(2 of em') for virtually all meals. Two dying breeds, quality dinner buffets, and The Entertainment book.(maui version, atleast)

Edited: 28 October 2013, 20:52
Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All-you-can eat dinner buffets

Ka'anapali Beach hotel does a Thanksgiving meal. We went several years ago and really enjoyed the spread they put out.. Reservations a must

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All-you-can eat dinner buffets

The Kahili Restaurant (at Kahili Golf Course in Waikapu - between the Kahului airport & Ma'alaea..) does a fairly nice buffet on certain days/nights, although it's slightly out of the way of the popular tourist areas.

www.kahilirestaurant.com/index.php/buffet

Alo)(a, NKO

New Berlin, WI
Level Contributor
469 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All-you-can eat dinner buffets

4S Maui has an AYCE seafood buffet on certain nights of the week at Duo. It is $70 per person and they have a nice shellfish spread. MIL would love a good steak there, but about $40 to $50, and of course, extras are extra.

Kahului, Hawaii
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: All-you-can eat dinner buffets

Mother's day dinner 5/11/14 at Kahili Restaurant was a little disappointing for me but the company of my 41 family members made it worth while. Although the seating was poorly done the company was great. The food was ok but it should have been replinished more often. The service was very poor as we had to ask for water constantly and utensils as well. To be charged with an 18% gratuity on top of the $36.95 was too expensive. The gratuity should have been to our discretion because the staff were hardly around to ask if we need anything or to see how everything is going. And to top it off, which this made me decide that I will never recommend going to Kahili Restaurant for Mother's day, is seeing the staff eating the foods we paid for while we were still in the restaurant enjoying the company was shocking, unprofessional and inappropriate. I love going to Kahili Restaurant because of the location and cost for local food but never again I will go to their Mother's day buffet or even try to attend other buffets. Very sad to say! ;(

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All-you-can eat dinner buffets

<<never again I will go to their Mother's day buffet or even try to attend other buffets. Very sad to say! ;(>>

Concur wholeheartedly, honesty..

I've concluded that there is NO restaurant on the planet worthy of the stress, wait, hassle, jacked up prices for sub-standard fare/service etc, on this inordinately popular celebration of life's most amazing individuals.

'Til I'm unable to raise an arm, I'll be firing up the grills & doing my NKO-chef Sheldon impersonation come Mother's day -- though I'm obviously not worthy to even hold Mr. Simeon's coveted, razor-sharp Gyuto.. ;)

Alo)(a, NKO

Edited: 14 May 2014, 21:21
7. Re: All-you-can eat dinner buffets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 05:15