We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I've got 6 full days in Maui. What is a must do?

Lehi, Utah, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
I've got 6 full days in Maui. What is a must do?

My husband and I are celebrating our 20th in April. We've never been to Maui. What should we not miss. I love the beach, he is more of a site seer.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,965 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I've got 6 full days in Maui. What is a must do?

There are tons of "Must do" threads. Put that in the search box above and up they will come. There is also a menu at the top of this page that say's Things to Do. Check the Top Questions on the right also.

One persons must do can be completely different from another's!! Me, I would snorkel from shore and boat until I drop. Then I would travel the Hana Hwy and spend a day site seeing.

Duluth MN
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I've got 6 full days in Maui. What is a must do?

Thinking back to our first trip, there were several "must do's"--Old Lahaina Luau, Submarine, Dinner Cruise, Helicopter Tour, drive to Hana, sunrise at Haleakala. But it varies so much from person to person, as msfuzz said. If I was going to recommend one, it would be the Old Lahaina Luau (or the Feast at Lele, which is quite the different experience).

The other "must do" is relax. Hard to do on a first trip to Maui, more so if you're only there for six days.

Lee

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,532 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I've got 6 full days in Maui. What is a must do?

Shea.....read the info available, especially the trip reports, and form a list of three must do's! Do you have six full days, excluding travel? That makes a difference in how long you have on Maui.

Plan your beach time for in the morning, because the trade winds tend to kick up in the afternoon. Have an enjoyable lunch and find adventure in the afternoon. Unless you have an all day excursion, such as the Road to Hana or a snorkeling tour.

I have an eight vacation with my mom, sister and BIL, I have a west side day, upcountry day and drive halfway to Hana planned. Every other day is a beach day. Try to find moments to relax and soak up Maui, while doing your three or so must do's. Happy anniversary! Deb

Lehi, Utah, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I've got 6 full days in Maui. What is a must do?

Thanks! I'll look up those threads. We have 7 days but traveling for most of one.

5. Re: I've got 6 full days in Maui. What is a must do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 04:17