We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to shop for things unique to Maui

Nashville
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
Where to shop for things unique to Maui

Where is the best shopping for things unique to Maui that are not totally overpriced? I have been to whalers village, but it seemed to be mostly places I could shop at back home. There were a few vendors set up at the Hyatt, but I had a feeling since they were at the Hyatt they might be a little overpriced. I was thinking I would see more of this type of thing as we drove around the island, but so far I haven't. I am thinking maybe jewelry, Christmas ornaments, things I could bring back as souvenirs that are not the typical cheesy souvenir shop finds. Theere were some shops in Paia that looked promising, but we drive through before they were open and returned as most of them were closing. I am staying at the Royal Kahana to give you an idea of the location I am in. Thanks in advance!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to shop for things unique to Maui

Check out response #2 on this thread:

tripadvisor.com/…53835456

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to shop for things unique to Maui

Wow that was informative

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,119 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to shop for things unique to Maui

Good one almostgrownup! I was just going to mention Binky's! You could probably walk there Mitchell!

http://goo.gl/maps/tw7m2

Okay, maybe not.... it's a half hour walk, but 4 minutes in the car!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to shop for things unique to Maui

Yep, Deb knows her shopping :)

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,273 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to shop for things unique to Maui

Did you find Totally Hawaiian in Whaler's Village? Check and see if there is a craft fair this weekend in Lahaina under the Banyan Tree...great stuff there by local artists.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,687 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to shop for things unique to Maui

Thank you Susan!! I was frustrated cause I do not link good on my phone but did not have it in me to type that again!!! Yes, I have a weakness for art, jewelry and clothes, but I am also very picky about authentic and getting good deals!!!! I have to be to get bonus trips like the one next week. 😉Deb

Nashville
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to shop for things unique to Maui

Thanks everyone! This is great! I am off to check out the craft fair under the banyan tree. ;-)

British Columbia
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to shop for things unique to Maui

Ahhhh….I am going to Binky's for sure on my next trip.

I love Maui Hands art gallery in Pa'ia, Sherri Reeve Art and Gift Gallery in Makawao (just love her colour palletes), Maui Crafts Guild in Pa'ia, Maui Grown Coffee (for my coffee lover), the Curtis Wilson Cost Art Gallery (expensive paintings to inexpensive prints…love this place..and a great place for lunch at Kula Lodge too) and the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm for all of their soaps, lotions and potions.

The search for the "just right souvenir" is always just plain fun!

arkansas
Level Contributor
469 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to shop for things unique to Maui

We hit Kihei Fourth Friday in July and it had a great selection of vendors and locally made art and jewelry. Plus the music and food truck/options made for a great evening! Our best experience yet of truly mixing with the local residents. Check it out if you are on island on a 4th Friday.

Nashville
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to shop for things unique to Maui

What is Binkys near? I put it in my GPS but wasn't able to find it. I had to be right on top of it. No luck at the Banyon tree.