We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tune into NBC at 4:30 EST today (Nov. 16th)

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,001 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Tune into NBC at 4:30 EST today (Nov. 16th)

A 'heads up' from the BI forum today ...

If you're interested in seeing highlights of the Ironman competition, which was held on the BI in October:

www.ironman.com/nbcpromo.aspx#axzz2kpxhHRaJ

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
362 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tune into NBC at 4:30 EST today (Nov. 16th)

Thanks! I'm watching... my step-dad competed this year.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tune into NBC at 4:30 EST today (Nov. 16th)

Thanks so much

portland, Or
Level Contributor
178 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tune into NBC at 4:30 EST today (Nov. 16th)

Thank you! I watched it and relived our wonderful memories in kona. Also some very touching stories about the healing power of perseverance through hardship, whether physical, emotional or both. The story of little Grace from the Sandyhook tragedy made me cry.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tune into NBC at 4:30 EST today (Nov. 16th)

I happened to luck upon it, in time to hit record. I always love watching this. The stories of people recovering from injuries or being at advanced age, and still completing the Iron Man always makes we feel like I need to get up and be more active.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,001 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tune into NBC at 4:30 EST today (Nov. 16th)

You're welcome ... I was really glad that I saw the post yesterday on the BI forum from a mom whose son participated - she mentioned the TV show in her thread. It was so worth watching!

vegas_gurl - congratulations to your step-dad! I have a lot of admiration for people who have the physical and mental strength to train for and participate in events such as this one!

Newleywed - it brought back such great memories for us too of our trip there in the spring. Made us want to book another trip asap :)

The story of Grace and her family was truly heartbreaking, but her family's attitude was such an inspirational one. I thought that the TV program was extremely well done.

Grandeau - it has that effect on us too - DH wants to bring his bike next time - I asked him when he'd fit it in between tennis, golf, snorkelling and exploring, but I know he'd find a way. We saw quite a few bicyclists doing some serious training on the BI in the spring ... boy, where they fit!!

Edited: 17 November 2013, 16:26
Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tune into NBC at 4:30 EST today (Nov. 16th)

Thank you Susan.

I had a prior engagement with the now 10-1 Seahawks, but I used the best invention ever, the DVR to record it and watch later.

Been watching it on and off since it was broadcast on the long gone Wide World of Sports.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,001 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tune into NBC at 4:30 EST today (Nov. 16th)

You're welcome Patrick.

Good idea re the DVR ... not sure what happened to ours but it disappeared around the time of our most recent TV purchase. I've had to resort to watching shows when they're actually on, and I'm trapped into watching all those commercials. I feel like I'm back in the 1960's. Will add the DVR to DH's 'to do list' :)

8. Re: Tune into NBC at 4:30 EST today (Nov. 16th)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 06:16