We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bonus.......Maui 11/14! Nothing plus Boz Scaggs!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bonus.......Maui 11/14! Nothing plus Boz Scaggs!

So we are sitting here on our last night, enjoying lilikoi cheesecake from Stillwells. My reasonable mom bought six and it has just come out Brad is not going to eat any! Do the math.....the ladies each get one tonight and one for breakfast. I will leave Maui with a big smile on my face. I love a man that rejects delicacies.

I have had the trip of a lifetime with my mom because it had been a long time. I will finish my reports as I can, and will most likely spend time in the airport working on Friday. We hope for sun cause that is the only plan tomorrow. We have until noon to enjoy the condo and our big backyard. I want you all to know the nice words you have said about my family have made my mom very happy. It's been special. Take care, Deb

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/14! Nothing plus Boz Scaggs!

Lol.....forgot to post the link! Sorry.😎 Deb

letsgotohawaiiasap.blogspot.com

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
130 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/14! Nothing plus Boz Scaggs!

Deb, I have been a lurker on these boards for years, since I fell in love with Maui after our first visit. Yes, I have been to the other islands but there is something so special about Maui. We have been coming every year to escape the cold Michigan winters and I have lost count of the number of times we have been to Maui. I feel very blessed to be able to go every year. I wanted to thank you for being able to articulate, in a way I am unable to, your love of this special place. You are so much help on these forums to everyone including me. I have had the BEST time reading your blog and your posts. My hubby and I leave January 3 for 11 wonderful days for my beloved Maui. This year is special, we will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary full on. Dress, flowers, musician, wedding planner, the whole thing at Makena Cove, one of our favorite places on Maui. I'm so excited I just don't know what to do with myself and reading your blog and posts are making me even more anxious than usual to leave. Thanks again for the wonderful reports and transporting me back to the place I love so much just by reading your posts and blog. Enjoy your last days and have a safe trip home.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/14! Nothing plus Boz Scaggs!

loveHawaii37........thanks for your kind post. I wish for your renewal ceremony the kind of sunset our friend Amy had on her wedding day, last Tuesday. Enjoy every minute! And that's a gorgeous beach. Your countdown is getting much shorter!

I am attempting sleep, on our last night on Maui, and finding it difficult cause I will miss Maui so much. But home is calling and the morning will be enjoyed right down to the last minute. I am glad my blog is able to transport you back to your beloved Maui. This trip I feel I got a true handle on "just being here" and it was my mom that led the way. I will remember this trip always.

I would love it if you chose to contribute to this board. All opinions and knowledge are welcome here! I understand staying in the quiet zone, because I did at first, and caution you that this becomes a healthy addiction......lol! You would be welcome! Enjoy your anticipation of celebrating a special occasion on Maui. We usually celebrate our anniversary here, only in the past four years, and will do so this coming April 1st. Just have to get through winter.....take care. Deb

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/14! Nothing plus Boz Scaggs!

Thanks for not making us wait til you got home to enjoy your "BEST NIGHT EVER!!!" It was so cool "being there" with you -- a blast from my past as well. And HAPA too?!! Wow. It was pretty sweet of your Mom to still be up when you got home.

Now best wishes for a safe and smooth ride home along with a wonderful reunion with Mike!

~Susan

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/14! Nothing plus Boz Scaggs!

Thanks for all your blogs Deb, I've been busy and not able to respond to all but you've got plenty of admirers :)

loved your story of the concert. So cool Hapa opened up. I don't know if you remember I saw them in September at the Festival of Aloha in Wailuku. Two of the members are from Maui. They opened with a song called ":Haleakela" so yes they are very Maui :)

Have a safe trip back and if you return again before I get back I think I'll have to end it all....maybe by wading Ulua beach .... a million times or so :)

Dave

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/14! Nothing plus Boz Scaggs!

Another great day and great post.

I like the tip about the sun visor on the chest area. Looks much better than the hand towel I always drape over that tender skin.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,559 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/14! Nothing plus Boz Scaggs!

What a night..wow. Only one thing would have made it better , if Mike had been with you. There will be another time. But getting to be with Mary and Bard is a memory maker.

Laughing about Mom being up waiting on you guys. That had to bring back memories. Mom's love to share in the fun when the kiddos get home. Did you share your milk shake with her?

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,115 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/14! Nothing plus Boz Scaggs!

Another terrific report ... what an exciting night for the 5 of you and I'm sure your Mom had fun hearing all about it afterwards!

So glad that you've had such a nice time with your Mom, Mary and Brad ... what great memories you'll have to cherish! Your reports have brought back a lot of wonderful memories of the trip my sister and I did to Maui with my Mom 4 years ago to celebrate her 80th. Very special!

Your new hair color looks great!

Enjoy your last morning and safe travels home!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,448 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/14! Nothing plus Boz Scaggs!

Late start morning, but so happy to see you got your blog up! It was so great that you got to have the experience of this concert! I know how excited you were for it and I'm glad it exceeded expectations!

I know today is a hard day..it's always hard to have the fun end, especially when you have been sharing such fun memories with your family. I know you will hold on to these memories and have a fabulous homecoming! And...130 days until we are back together! :)

montana
Level Contributor
86 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/14! Nothing plus Boz Scaggs!

Thank you for filling my week with good thoughts and I hope your trip home was uneventful. Your pictures will so fun to look back on in a few years. Life gets in the way and you don't take these trips with family often enough.

Mom took me, my 2 sisters and 2 sisters-in-law almost 30 years ago. Wow, what a memory maker! Still laugh about some of the goofy things we did... We had a mini van of course, drove down to the lava flow on that horrible rocky road and thought we'd have to return it in pieces. Maui has had lots of changes since that time, I was shocked years later when we went back to find every road paved, a WalMart store (!) and no little mom and pop stands along S. Kihei Road...oooh, sad!

We'll be looking forward to the additions to your blog... especially on a dark, cold , snowy night in February.

Edited: 17 November 2013, 17:21