We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anything new since Jan 2013?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
435 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
anything new since Jan 2013?

we will be going in january 2014; is there any new restaurants or anything new? I have heard about the Andaz - not sure what you can do there if you dont STAY there. Are they any new tours?

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,381 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anything new since Jan 2013?

There is a new restaurant in Kihei, Maui Thai something or other.... he is from Pranhees Thai in Hana. I can't remember the association, or the location!

Hopefully Barefootn will see this one, as she went there in September/October.http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k6853232-Hana_Thai_Dishes_now_in_Kihei-Maui_Hawaii.html

Found the thread already!!

Edited: 17 November 2013, 17:12
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,381 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anything new since Jan 2013?

Link didn't work... forgot to leave the space.

It's called Maui Thai Bistro.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k6853232…

This should work now.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anything new since Jan 2013?

Slappy Cakes has opened in Honokowai (also referred to as North Kaanapali). Their menu included making pancakes at your table. They are located in the Honokowai Marketplace which is the same strip mall as Times supermarket.

Sugar Cane is a new restaurant in downtown Lahaina. Located upstairs in the 700 block of Front Street.

Right by Lahaina Pizza. Great views Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Lahaina's Kentucky fried chicken has closed.

Kahana Grill has closed.

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anything new since Jan 2013?

the Kihei KFC closed as well, replaced with Juanita's that also closed. the Cinema in Kihei closed down too along with its neighbor Ocean's. Sharky's closed. Jaws closed the re opened in Lipoa where the Amigo's used to be.

the Waterfront closed but a new Italian res is opening up in its plcae (Saltinboca). I would go to the Andaz to try out Morrimoto's. another Fabiani's has opened in Wailea Gateway.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,308 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anything new since Jan 2013?

Jimgloria, is the restaurant on Front Street opened by Gazebo's people, Koa I think, still open? Haven't heard much about it. lately.

United States
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anything new since Jan 2013?

Tamura's Fine Wines & Liquors - new branch of the Oahu chain, they also sell poke

LahainaLuna's Cafe - by the Ululani's people on Front St in Lahaina

Ululani's Sugar Beach Bake Shop - next door to Ululani's in Kihei

'Ami 'Ami Bar And Grill - Maui Coast hotel in Kihei

Morimoto - at the Andaz Maui

Ka'ana Kitchen - at the Andaz Maui

Lehua Lounge & Bumbye Bar - at the Andaz Maui

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
435 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anything new since Jan 2013?

this is great you guys! thank you!! keep it coming...

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
435 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anything new since Jan 2013?

I don't think I have tried Fabiani's; how is their food? Also, did anything move into the building that Five Palms had that closed (not the one in Kihei, the other one)

9. Re: anything new since Jan 2013?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 01:15
San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: anything new since Jan 2013?

Sorrentos us open for breakfast can't remember exactly when that started