We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamster-mobiles on Maui

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
2,339 posts
Save Topic
Hamster-mobiles on Maui

Anyone know who rents the KIA Souls? If so what class..

We've seen quite a few in the last couple years. Assume they're not all owned by locals? But I don't see them mentioned on Rental Car sites.

A small hatch back would be ideal for snorkel gear, boogies boards, etc.

St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
973 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hamster-mobiles on Maui

Dollar has them, but I don't know what you'd have to do to make sure you got one.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
9,920 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hamster-mobiles on Maui

We had a small mini mini van by Mazada. I think it was a Mazada 5. The sliding doors were wonderful and we folded the third row of seats flat. It gave us plenty of room for all the telescope equipment and tripod at night and beach gear during the day. This was an Alamo Standard category.

As grandpart said the key is how to get that specific car. At Alamo you could wait in the lot until one was cleaned and driven around.

Alamo also had either the Soul or one that looked like it.

The down size is no trunk to keep things out of sight.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
2,339 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hamster-mobiles on Maui

thanks grandpart. Disappointed to see Dollar is not one of Costco's

barefootn, we rented a Mazda 5 in Virginia when visiting grandkids. I agree. very functional vehicle.

But the truth is, Mrs Patrick really wants to ride with the Hamsters - without buying one.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
9,920 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hamster-mobiles on Maui

Aren't Dollar and Budget connected??

By all means you must find a hamster ride.. I'm so behind times I didn't know that's what they were called.

5. Re: Hamster-mobiles on Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 05:17