We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We made it! (My 1st official TR)

Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
We made it! (My 1st official TR)

We got here yesterday afternoon after a fairly uneventful flight from lax which was half empty...yay! We were happy to have the extra room on the flight, especially with our 16 month old. He did great and only fussed about 10 min at the very end. We're here for 11 nights this time, the longest since we got married. It was a long year saving up all our vacation time but it's worth it. I feel so blessed to be here for our annual Thanksgiving/anniversary trip.

We were going to go to Da Kitchen for lunch but it was way too long of a wait so we headed to walmart for a few essentials and then made our way to our condo at The Sands of Kahana. We finished our afternoon at the Hula Grill Barefoot Bar and enjoyed a yummy drink and our feet in the sand. The sunset wasn't too exciting but we are excited to be here so all is good.

We started our day today with breakfast at the Gazebo followed by a stroll and some shopping along Front Street. My little guy got his first taste of shave ice! After lunch at Bubba's we headed back to the condo for an afternoon at the beach. It was a fantastic day!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,516 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We made it! (My 1st official TR)

Sounds like a great first day! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip. Sounds like heaven having room in the plane. We are always packed full!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We made it! (My 1st official TR)

How do you like Sands of Kahana? You ought to see lots of turtles there at S-Turns.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We made it! (My 1st official TR)

What a wonderful beginning!! Have fun and thanks for reporting!!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,573 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We made it! (My 1st official TR)

So how did he like the shave ice?! Hope tha fun continues for the rest of the trip!

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,121 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We made it! (My 1st official TR)

Extra space on the plane...great way to start a Hawaiian vacation. Thanks for taking the time to post; love sharing your excitement.

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: We made it! (My 1st official TR)

Yes it sounds fantastic :) We've done Thanksgiving on Maui several times and it's such a great time to be there. We always had our Thanksgiving dinner at Leilanis it's very good and reasonable too (not a buffet)

Yep, west Maui, Hula Grill, Ululanis, Gazebo.....you've gotten off to a great start :)

Dave

Level Contributor
36,182 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We made it! (My 1st official TR)

Very fun! I enjoyed reading your trip report! :)

Ca
Level Contributor
152 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We made it! (My 1st official TR)

Nice first day. Lucky your flight was so empty. Ours is full today, hoping to take off soon and not miss out on any of my Maui relaxation time..

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,608 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We made it! (My 1st official TR)

Great start to your trip. Looking forward to your updates.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We made it! (My 1st official TR)

I cannot remember the lady time I was on a flight to Hawaii that was not FULL!!! Extra special luxury when traveling with a kiddo. Enjoy every minute of your family vacation in Maui. Nice to eat a meal at Gazebo!!! Yum!!! Dev