We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bonus.......Maui 11/16 & 17! The Final Two Days!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bonus.......Maui 11/16 & 17! The Final Two Days!

I am finally wrapping up my second last blog! It is so much harder to finish blogs at home, in the real world! I am going to do one more blog that will have the Canon camera photos I took for this vacation and my final reflections and tidbits from this trip. I found this trip to be so relaxing that I took significantly less fancy camera photos and I have yet to even look at them. That will be a present for later this night, after we celebrate my husband's last day on the job he had for twenty five years! He has officially become a longshoreman only, as of tonight, and life is amazing!!!

It will be interesting to see if this bodes well for future Hawaii travel or not......I obviously think it will be wonderful cause he no longer needs vacation approval. He simply accepts work or not. Life has changed for the amazing and while we have a countdown, the focus is now on life at home for the next four months!

This blog covers our final two days and it does show a cool church bazaar. It is a continuation of the easy pace we had for the week and while we would of happily stayed longer, it was ok for the good times to end. It was a terrific vacation! Take care, Deb

…blogspot.com/2013/…

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/16 & 17! The Final Two Days!

Oh goody, look what just popped up.. can't wait to read.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,225 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/16 & 17! The Final Two Days!

Hey Deb...125 days until we arrive on the same day!! So looking forward to that!

Another great blog...worth the wait! I love the necklace you got. Very pretty. I am so glad you got to experience this trip with your family. I know how much it meant to you! I love that on Maui, you can make it busy or slow...it is all perfect!

Looking forward to your last post...it has been great getting these extra treats from you!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/16 & 17! The Final Two Days!

The best last day, you couldn't have planned it better. Or should I have said the best last day and 1/2.

Love the local Christmas Bazaars.You found the perfect piece, the necklace is an eye catcher. Didn't you love the building. We attend services at Calvary last fall. I've always loved that building, it really has an Hawaiian feel to me.

Memories were made that will be cherished forever. Has your mom stopped smiling yet.?? probably not, I think the trip will take her through the cold winter ahead.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/16 & 17! The Final Two Days!

Deb….I do love your blog posts…and I am thrilled to bits that this past vacation was wonderful for you and for your family…especially your Mom. I loved taking my Mom to Maui and the memories made on that trip will last my entire lifetime.

What I truly appreciate about your travels is that you relax and let your vacation happen. No panic when time,weather or interests indicate a change of plans but a chance to embrace whatever comes along. It is a wonderful attitude. I love that you love all the "simple" things.

I look forward to the last blog of this trip and the summing up. Enjoy your short countdown to the next Adventure of Aloha!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,411 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/16 & 17! The Final Two Days!

Just finished! There are some wonderful shots of you with mom in this one. So very happy that you were able to make that trip. A wonderful place to spend time with your mom and sister. Your new necklace looks very nice too.

With Christmas festivities, and making plans for the wedding, March will be here before you know it!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/16 & 17! The Final Two Days!

Barefoot.....attending that bazaar was all because of what you taught me on our trip previously. Go for the more local, smaller option. I just had an intuition that it would be much better than all that walking at the swap meet and my mom would love seeing the church and she did. The grounds were gorgeous and the people were so nice and it was just easier and filled with as much wonderful stuff to look at with better prices. I feel like y trips going forward have a different flavor because of you. My mom will be happy to look back on that trip and we have assured her that there are more trips in her future. We proved that they can be quickly planned!

Jennifer......it will be hard not to obsess about the next trip I take because it will be such fun to finally meet my Minnesota friend. We share so much, just not in the same state! I just wish the kids were going to be on that trip cause meeting them would be awesome! I think that while there will be busy happening on that trip....you and me are going to make sure we channel chill too! Deb

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/16 & 17! The Final Two Days!

Joan.......the only way March could be better is if you and Barefoot were on island too! Thanks for making me realize that Christmas is here soon and I need to get down the decorations! I have to get to Fred Meyer and make CD's from both previous trips.....I have not forgotten!

Mad4Maui.....thank you very much! To be honest, just being on Maui still freaks me out because when my obsession started with Hawaii, I never expected to be back so soon or to be able to go every year. Plan it and with luck, it will happen. So far so good. Changing plans is easier than being rigid, but I think you get that! This trip with my mom will hopefully not be the last but they are not that easy to make happen. It was amazing! Deb

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/16 & 17! The Final Two Days!

It took us too many years to get our head out of the water and wander around and experience the fun of local festivals. So glad we could share that with you and Mike and that you in turn got to take your family to experience the unique fun..

At one time that building was the Ukulele Grill, yummy food, but just didn't catch on.It set empty for years, now it's alive again. I hope it's years before the Maui Lui gets torn down and the space is developed.

Socal
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/16 & 17! The Final Two Days!

Ah, what a great finish, Deb! Enjoyed every bit of your blogs. The inside of that church looks really familiar to me. I think we took our daughter there one time to listen and participate in some 'Auntie's' show. Daughter was pretty young then and we were staying at Sugar Beach for a few trips.

The view out the window of the plane, left side seat. I cannot explain this, but it is by far my favorite departing sight, more than the view of Haleakala or Paia. When I see the waves breaking over the reefs, I can feel the water on my back and the warmth of the day. Not surprisingly, this view is also the most bittersweet one as I know we are leaving. Love it and hate it.

Congrats to Mike!

Thanks for sharing your travels with us again. We love to be included!

Sheldon

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bonus.......Maui 11/16 & 17! The Final Two Days!

What a great ending to the blog for this trip with your family it's great you all got to enjoy quality time together.

Love the little bazaars like that they are so much fun and I love your necklace.

You will be so busy with the holidays and Michelle's wedding march will be here before you know it.

I would love to see the Northern Lights that has to be an amazing sight to see and photograph.