We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawai'ian Christmas Music

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,505 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Hawai'ian Christmas Music

What is your favorite Hawaiian Christmas music, song or album?

If you can post a link even better!

I asked for favorite Christmas albums in a thread with a silly title, but I think lots of people are interested in the topic right now so let's see if we can put it all together here where it's more accessable. Thanks BLBL!

Here's the link to my first thread. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k698796…

And here's a link from Deb about Uncle Willie K's Christmas music with beautiful YouTube videos that Joan put up, post #6.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k700648…

Edited: 24 November 2013, 20:14
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,639 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawai'ian Christmas Music

I guess it is too early to wish everyone Mele Kalikimaka, but you wouldn't know it by the flyers in the newspapers!

Glad you did this "again" Teri. Wish we could edit the subject lines on TA too!

I like Willie K's "Baby, it's Cold Outside". It's on the Willie Wonderland CD, and it also features Lehua Kalima and Kanoa Leahey. You have to listen to the lyrics carefully, because they are lamenting the "cold" of Hawaii. Hardly!

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,505 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawai'ian Christmas Music

<< lamenting the "cold" of Hawaii.>> Ha!!! I hope to someday have that point of view myself!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
47,914 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawai'ian Christmas Music

For a lighter.......and (politically incorrect now) take:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0m_Kw1DAYE

Edited: 24 November 2013, 20:48
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawai'ian Christmas Music

Just found this one on YouTube and thought it was pretty amazing. Something completely different from any Christmas song I have heard. Jack Johnson w/ John Cruz & Paula Fuga - "In The Morning" Live

http://youtu.be/Qu_U-YV4yA8

Edited: 24 November 2013, 21:29
Iowa
Level Contributor
9,505 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawai'ian Christmas Music

SW, what does Nick say about that one???? Yowooooo!!! I imagine he prefers turkey for Christmas, or mynah.

Littlered, I love that one! I remember now seeing it when I was searching for John Cruz music. Beautiful. And I like at the end that it says something like they encourage you to simplify at Christmas and kukua - help. It's all about the giving! Thanks

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,914 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawai'ian Christmas Music

Teri, Nick would love roasted Mynah..........but they aren't on his diet, LOL. When I had a Black Lab, my neighbors used to tease me every holiday (and other times) about how good she would taste............lucky we were good friends!

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,914 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawai'ian Christmas Music

And another song (which I grow sooooo tired of by Christmas Day!!); This version is better than most, and some may recognize a young man named Jake...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc1WKCMXagU

Here's a fun article that explains the history of the lyrics:

staradvertiser.com/features/20101219_12_days…

8. Re: Hawai'ian Christmas Music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 05:16