We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report - travel day - delta

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
trip report - travel day - delta

Are we ever going to get there? I am beginning to wonder. Flying on miles with delta is rarely easy but 1. It costs $10 and 2. We WILL be in Maui tonight.

Flew atl-lax-ogg. 737 to lax was brand new. In LAX now boarding...an hour late so far. (engine trouble).. one thing about Delta and the lax-OGG flights...I have yet to be on one that has personal TV screens. no idea why. They have some nice 757s and I heard they are even retrofitting first class to have larger seats with more recline. But this plane is old style. I guess they figure people are so happy about going to Hawaii that they won't care about the aircraft.

Anyway...my rec if you are taking delta is one of the directs to honolulu...

No matter, though...4:57 minutes to Maui! Catch you on the other side :)

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,225 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report - travel day - delta

Yeah! You are on your way!

I know what you mean about the flights...we were good from Mpls. When it was Northwest airlines, now with Delta you always stop somewhere and the planes are usually old..no bells!

Have a good flight and can't wait to hear about the trip!

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,555 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report - travel day - delta

Woo hoo, konagirl is on her way!!! Have a wonderful time!!!!

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report - travel day - delta

Awesome Konagirl have a great trip I know you will!

We have only ever done the CLT-ATL-HNL when we have flown Delta to Hawaii the planes are nice.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report - travel day - delta

Makes one realize how lucky we are to fly from the west coast. I reserve a digi player flying on Alaska Airlines. Like it even better than seat back screens. Have a great trip!

Edited: 25 November 2013, 03:06
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,410 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip report - travel day - delta

Gosh, what time does you flight arrive on Maui? I am assuming it will be dark. I have never been able to figure out the times on the posts.

Anyway, it hardly matters, because you will be on Maui!!! Have a wonderful time!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip report - travel day - delta

Have the best trip ever konagirl! The flight over is no problem compare to the flight back! I will put up with anything on the way to my happy place. Enjoy the holiday and hope your turkey dinner is yummy! Deb

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip report - travel day - delta

On your way almost there. The excitement is in the air!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trip report - travel day - delta

Safe travels. Have a fantastic time!!

Level Contributor
35,461 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trip report - travel day - delta

Aloha and enjoy your time on Maui... lucky you! :).

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
556 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trip report - travel day - delta

Good to hear you made it! Earlier this year, United stranded us in San Francisco overnight costing us a day in Maui. My wife and I each received a $400 voucher for a future trip (this one - we're in Maui now), but that hardly made up for the lost day.

Direct flights to Maui from Denver are very limited. I'm starting to think that it would be better to fly direct to Honolulu and then hop over to Maui, but that introduces luggage hassles unless you have 100% carry-on and I doubt my wife will ever get there :-)