We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Wailea Suite or 3 separate rooms?

Scottsdale, Arizona
1 post
Save Topic
Grand Wailea Suite or 3 separate rooms?

We are traveling to Maui in summer 2014. My family of four (2 adults, 2 kids), my mother, and my brother and his wife. Does anyone know if the Grand Wailea has suites that would accommodate this # of people? If so, what is the pricing like? Would it be close to or equal to 3 separate rooms? Thank you!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,119 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Wailea Suite or 3 separate rooms?

Hi Kristina, and welcome to Trip Advisor!

While I have never stayed at the GW, I am wondering if you wouldn't enjoy a condo, given the number of people that are traveling. You would be able to get two two bedroom condos, in the same complex.

Curious how old your kids are, and if you are really keen to stay there because of the pools. The valet parking (no self parking) is 30.00 a day, the resort fee is 25.00 a day, and these are not included in any room rates.

Have you checked out the website, or phoned them to speak to someone directly?

There are some very nice condos on Maui, some right on the beaches, some across the street. And some condos have a washer/dryer, right in the unit, a huge bonus when traveling with kids, or not! The full kitchens are great for breakfasts, and making picnic lunches before setting off for the day's adventure.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,273 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Wailea Suite or 3 separate rooms?

Welcome to TA! With that crew I would highly recommend a 2/3 bedroom condo. Kitchens and washer/dryers are great with kids in tow and not being confined to hotel rooms are a big bonus. Not an expert on south Maui but I know the Honua Kai, a cond/ tel on West Maui has lovely 3 bed room units.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,993 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Wailea Suite or 3 separate rooms?

Agree with the thoughts on a condo - here's a link to info on Honua Kai's 3 bedroom units:

honuakai.com/Accommodations/ThreeBedroom.aspx

And for even more luxury/space:

honuakai.com/Accommodations/SpecialtySuites.…

VRBO has many listings for Honua Kai.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,605 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Wailea Suite or 3 separate rooms?

The grand Wailea has condos also... ho'olei I think it is called. they are across the street from the hotel but you have access to hotel pools and maybe a shuttle to the beach. GW is a fun place...Not sure how much their suites are but I saw the fancy one in the Napua Tower once. two bedrooms at least...maybe more...but I bet it costs upwards of $3-$4k a night if not more.

5. Re: Grand Wailea Suite or 3 separate rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 05:18