We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Day 4

Central Valley...
Level Contributor
219 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Day 4

Well this afternoon has turned into a lazy do -nothing at the condo sort of day so I will continue with trip reports.

No beachwalk jogging today. Breakfast on the lanai. Another beautiful day with no wind. My cold is gone, life is good, Maui is awesome. Snorkeled again in the same area while husband stands guard on the beach...lol. He doesn't even want to try again but he is eyeing Maui Paddle Sports Outrigger canoe which has been launching right near us on the beach. I am pretty sure he wants to that as everyone returns laughing and smiling. No turtle friend today but I did venture out a bit further from shore this time and enjoyed the great variety of fish I continue to see here.

Back in the condo, my husband books us with Maui Paddle Sports for later in our visit so we are looking forward to that new experience. While in the condo we start a load of laundry and start thinking about where to go for lunch. We end up at the Seahouse at Napili Kai where the patio dining and especially our table has a seriously killer view of the bay. Such a relaxed vibe here but the small beach is packed with people so it seems very crowded today. Lunch was lettuce wraps for me and a burger for hubby. All very good and we will probably be back for breakfast sometime.

We had a planned excursion this afternoon - Teralani Sunset Sail. I had scheduled it for the day before originally but they ended up canceling that sail because the boat needed maintenance so we chose to reschedule for this day. Loved it just as much as our sunset sail with Gemini last time. I would be happy with either company. Appetizers and open bar. I was introduced to the mixed drink they call the " Booty Shaker". We even saw 4 humpback whales while we were out...so cool to catch a closet glimpse of them this early in the season. The sail ends at about 6 pm and we walked around quite a while at Whaler's Village and found a baby gift at Hula Honeys for one of my husband's employees who just had a first baby. Later we went into Lahaina for shave ice at Ululani's newest Front street location. I chose something without coconut and was a little disappointed. I need to stick with flavors I know that I love, I guess. First time ever I have been disappointed with my flavor choices for shave ice. I am sure it must be a fluke.

Another great day comes to a close.

To be continued...

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Day 4

Thanks for doing daily reports. I have enjoyed following along. Have a great trip!

Surprise, Arizona
Level Contributor
419 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Day 4

Thank you for sharing your days with us-I have read each with a smile! I pray I am blessed with a honu snorkel buddy. My husband is always my snorkel buddy but I can't lie, a turtle would easily become my favorite. I too am a coconut freak (since a very early age) & I am pretty sure that coconut candy is the equivalent of crack for me & our oldest son!! Can't wait for more updates!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Day 4

Great report. Let me know about the canoe trip with paddle sports. I am thinking about booking it later this month.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Day 4

Sounds like another great day. :) Keep the trip report updates coming!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,120 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Day 4

Another fabulous day! So glad you got to see the whales! Thank you for continuing to share your trip with us.

Mission, Kansas
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Day 4

Loving your trip reports. Sounds like you go with the flow which is what we love to do. Very relaxing. And I so get the coconut addiction, its one of those either or flavors. Lots of people hate coconut, say you can never stop chewing it. Ha. I even bought a small plastic bottle of Coconut extract at Marshals today, for only 2.99. Figured I can find out how to make coconut syrup when we vist the Gazebo this upcoming trip!

Hope you continue to have a great time and share your days with us. Thanks.

7. Re: Trip Report Day 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:18