We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When make reservations ~~ on line or by phone?

New England
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
168 reviews
Save Topic
When make reservations ~~ on line or by phone?

We are looking at a whale watch in March. The first time I called Trilogy they were not taking reservations yet. I still like that human contact, should I book on line???

If we are staying at Lokelani should we book the Kaanapali?? Thanks in advance.

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When make reservations ~~ on line or by phone?

I prefer booking on line, but that's just me. Then I file the confirmation and a reservation screenshot away until the trip.

I guess either is fine.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,109 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When make reservations ~~ on line or by phone?

You usually get a discount by going online as well. Mind you, you need to make sure it is the COMPANY website, not a third party.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,455 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When make reservations ~~ on line or by phone?

I book on-line all the time and get the discount. And yes the Kaanapali will be closest. You do enter from the beach so your feet get wet, but they help you board. If you want to go in off a dock, go to Lahaina.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When make reservations ~~ on line or by phone?

I tend to book online for the discount. Agree with Joan, best to book directly with company, although I have complete faith in Tom Barefoot as a third party if you want to book multiple tours or want some guidance beyond what you find on this forum.

Kaanapali departure is closest to you but if you prefer boarding from a dock rather than the beach, Lahaina isn't much further. (I must learn to type faster travelbugged!). Buy something from somewhere like the ABC so your parking is validated if you park in the Whalers/Kaanapali lot.

Also consider what you might want to do before and after the whale watch. Is there somewhere in Kaanapali or Lahaina you want to have lunch, pupus & drinks or dinner at?

Edited: 10 December 2013, 23:54
Alaska
Level Contributor
10,441 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When make reservations ~~ on line or by phone?

When I booked the Trilogy Whale Watch, I booked online and saved. I understand liking the human touch but for a tour I have found it to be fine online. I always bring my paperwork emails and confirmations.

I do prefer to make restaurant reservations speaking to a person and I always ask for the email confirmation. Fleetwoods had lost our reservation and I was able to provide the email. It wasn't that busy, but I believe that is the reason we got the awesome seats instead of the middle of the restaurant. And always being nice in that situation. Deb

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,328 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When make reservations ~~ on line or by phone?

Yep - never had a problem booking on-line ... and got a discount and an email confirmation.

New England
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When make reservations ~~ on line or by phone?

Had thought about doing the whale watch the same day that in the evening we go to OLL.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,109 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When make reservations ~~ on line or by phone?

OLL is right behind the Cannery Mall, so you could take the whale watch from either location. If you take a whale watching tour in the morning, it's a long day in Lahaina, waiting for the luau to start. You may even want to return to your condo/hotel to "freshen up" before you head to the OLL.

Sounds like you are going to have a fantastic time!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
995 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When make reservations ~~ on line or by phone?

I book online...I find it to be the easiest.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
175 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When make reservations ~~ on line or by phone?

I'm going in March and I have had reservations with Trilogy since June 28 as I wanted to make sure to secure my birthday date for whale watching. How long ago did you call? I have actually scheduled a whale watching, Molokini and Aloha Friday Night Sunset sail with Trilogy during the 2 weeks we will be there. Doing 3 excursions because this is the first time for us to see the whales and in case one gets cancelled due to weather, etc., I have backup excursions. I scheduled all 3 on-line however they had to call me to reschedule one because they had a schedule change.