We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starwood shuttle bus

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Starwood shuttle bus

Aloha, I'm starting to plan for my trip to Maui at the end of April 2014 (very excited!) I'll be staying at the Westin Villas and I noticed there is a shuttle bus for Starwood guests to use.

I was wondering if people could suggest good places to check out that is within walking distance of the stops (Lahaina Cannery Mall, Hilo Hattie's, and Lahaina Gateway) I heard Front St in Lahaina is a good place to check out, how far is it from the shuttle stop?

Also, any good places to check out near the Westin and Sheraton Maui as well? It looks like Whalers Village is beside the Westin.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Starwood shuttle bus

You won't have problems using the shuttle to any of the places you mentioned. If you pull up the website for the Westin Villas, they should have a schedule posted. If you do some reading about Lahaina and Ka'anapali - you'll see that there are all kinds of things to do ... shops, restaurants, historic sites, excursions. What do you want to do? What are you looking for?

Here is a rough map of the Ka'anapali resort area. The resorts' grounds are shoulder-to-shoulder with Whaler's Village in the middle. There is a paved beach path that runs from the Hyatt to the Sheraton/Black Rock. Note that there are luau in Lahaina and some of the resorts in Ka'anapali also have luau. The resorts have public restaurants and bars ... and the Hyatt has other activities as well - like the star show from the roof of one of their buildings.

kaanapaliresort.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/…

You will be renting a car, yes? The shuttle is handy - but overall, it is no substitute for a car.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,220 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Starwood shuttle bus

tje shuttle doesn't take you very far into Lahaina. Used to be that they went further south, but now they turn around at Hilo hattie's. Since you want to walk all of Front St anyway, it doesn't matter. WE often go south to I'O and PacificO and Lele, which are quite a hike.

Coming from the Villas you will have the advantage during dining hours of being the first ones on the bus. By the time they get down to the Westin Maui they are often SRO.

They stop by the SAfeway going south. But no need to shop there and then carry your bags the rest of the route. On the way north they stop at another market across the street (I forget the name) so you could shop there and then take the next bus straight home.

3. Re: Starwood shuttle bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2014, 05:17