We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hours

How late do shops and such stay open in Lahaina or Kihei? If we want to go off site from the resort in the evening, grab a bite and do some shopping/strolling, will most places be open and until what time?

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,694 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hours

At least 9 for shops in Lahaina.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,242 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hours

Lahaina and Whaler's Village are perfect for strolling and shopping after dinner. The restaurants and other activities bring folks in. I would not worry about this. http://www.whalersvillage.com/mallInfo.htm For example, Whaler's Village is open until 10:00 every night.

Lahaina actually has some "nightlife" - so open shops are not an issue - they'll be open, as will galleries. Also note that parts of the Island get pretty hot (especially Lahaina) during the daytime ... so folks enjoy coming out at night.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hours

The north end of Lahaina town stays open a bit later and the south end some shops closes as early as 7.

Shopping centers have posted hours that are mandatory for their tenants.

ny
Level Contributor
755 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hours

I just was searching for the answer to this exact question. Jimgloria, I hope you see this…. What is the difference between the north end of Lahaina and the south end? thanks

5. Re: Hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 07:18