We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Trip report- Day 2

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,213 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Trip report- Day 2

Today we went on a whale watch with Captain Steve...fabulous time and luck!!! Joan...pay attention, the whales said hi! Susan (Almost) they said they are waiting for you also!!! And Deb they promised their buddies would still be around when you and I are back!

…wordpress.com/2013/…

Rena does now have a sinus infection, but hoping the meds kick in and she will be back to wonderful in no time!

Pacific Whale Foundation
Scuba & Snorkeling, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Hawaiian Paddle Sports
Scuba & Snorkeling, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Redline Rafting Co.
Water Sports, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Blue Water Rafting
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Texas
Level Contributor
857 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Trip report- Day 2

Get well soon Rena! I love Joan's heart. How wonderful is that? So thankful you have time to enjoy the family in such a beautiful place!

Edited: 24 December 2013, 20:38
Surprise, Arizona
Level Contributor
424 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Trip report- Day 2

Hope Rena feels better soon! I am so excited to get there & experience the beauty of Maui, your reports are much appreciated!! Merry Christmas to you & the family!!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Trip report- Day 2

Wonderful videos and gorgeous photos! I loved the heart, beautiful sunshine and more rainbows. I am think Captain Steve's is a perfect whale watch for us cause I love the boat. No walking around......just sit there and hope for whales! If we have time for two, I want to do the one Susan does, too!

I hope Rena's meds work magic and she is back snorkeling very soon. Laid back afternoons tossing a ball or frisbee, with dad or grandpa, make for some of the best memories. Loving your reports! Deb

California
Level Contributor
9,795 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Trip report- Day 2

Now I feel like I've been on a whale watch! Fantastic pictures--love the heart!!

Hope Rena's feeling better soon!

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Trip report- Day 2

very much enjoying your reports!

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Trip report- Day 2

Hey Jennifer I have caught up on your blog finally on FB love the whale photos and videos you guys got a treated to a great show what a Christmas to remember.

I'm sorry that Rena is sick and can't snorkel for a while I know how much she loves it. Hope she gets better in a hurry!!!

I loved Joan and Dave's heart that was just lovely really put a big grin on my face those two really deserve some Maui magic and I hope it happens for them in 2014.

So glad you guys are having a great trip and are able to be together at Christmas on Maui🎄

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
26,060 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Trip report- Day 2

Oh, my dear Jen, I had to stop for a bit, as I couldn't see the pictures or read anymore through my tears! Tears of joy though, so that is GOOD! An amazing picture, and I soooo appreciate the big wave! When you head out on the next whale watch, please let the whales know that heart was a wonderful gift, and we LOVE it!

I hope Rena feels better sooner, rather than later. I am dealing with the same problem myself, and finally got some drugs from the doctor yesterday, but I am not anxious to get snorkeling!!! I am glad she will have the trip in March to look forward to, so she can still enjoy whatever adventures come her way this Christmas.

Mele Kalikimaka to you and the family. Heading to Mama's tomorrow for dinner aren't you???

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Trip report- Day 2

Yup.....I got a little choked up too when I saw that heart. It really was a cool photo and a beautiful thought. Deb

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,213 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Trip report- Day 2

Oh Joan...I am so glad you liked your heart! I know it was meant for you!

Rena is still feeling yucky...I am hoping these antibiotics start to work! You too! We are just taking it easy today reading on the lanai. It is another beautiful sunny day here in Kapalua and we actually have a breeze today so it isn't too hot. We will enjoy whatever we get!

And yes! Mama's for Christmas Dinner! So excited. Merry Christmas!

Thank you Marie! Hope you, hubby and daughter have a great Christmas together as well.

Deb..you are right...whatever we are doing is special. Although we love our snorkeling, it can wait!

Thank you Betty, Wagges, 22 and retriever. We feel so blessed to be here and enjoy the weather and time together. Mele Kalikimaka to all!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,527 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Trip report- Day 2

I've probably seen thousands of whale pictures and video's but Jen, these take the top prize!! Thanks so much for posting and loved J0an and Dave's heart. Hope Rena gets well soon!!