We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are these Summer airfares ever going to go down?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
206 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Are these Summer airfares ever going to go down?

I check every day and its the same outrageous price. Need one way's from OGG to LAX. in June. Sheesh. I thought the price may have started to budge a bit by now, but nope.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,644 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are these Summer airfares ever going to go down?

One ways are typically never cheap.

Only the folks at the airlines know what the price will be, the rest of us just use our crystal ball to see the future.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,587 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are these Summer airfares ever going to go down?

Often, it is cheaper to buy a roundtrip ticket than a one way. If I am traveling in the summer, I usually always buy before March, because then they tend to just go up. Good luck!

Edited: 26 December 2013, 17:44
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,009 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are these Summer airfares ever going to go down?

When we moved to Hawaii years ago, we bought round trip tickets because they were so much cheaper than one way!! It's at least worth checking out. If California isn't your ultimate destination, this may not work.

Socal
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are these Summer airfares ever going to go down?

Air fares LAX-OGG probably won't drop until late Spring, other than some random sale that shows up. Generally, prices hit the sweet spot about 3-1/2 months from departure.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,569 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are these Summer airfares ever going to go down?

Jump on Kayak.com You are a few months out from the best prices, good luck!

6. Re: Are these Summer airfares ever going to go down?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 06:18