We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3+ Bedroom Recommendations

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
19 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
3+ Bedroom Recommendations

I'm trying to pull together a mini-family reunion (10-14 people). While some of the couples will get one bedroom, we're trying to find options that include at least a 3 bedroom, so some of the families with kids can share lodging.

I know the Honua Kai does, but was curious if people knew if other resorts did as well?

Unfortunately, wherever we stay needs to have air condition (health related issues w/ one member) and a pool (kids need a pool! :-).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
162 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3+ Bedroom Recommendations

We'll be staying in a 3-BR unit at Puamana for the 3rd time next Feb. We really love this place! There's an adult ocean-front pool & 2 family pools. Not a lot of beach in winter, but better in summer. We've booked through www.vacation-maui.com (Whalers Realty) and www.puamanavacations.com. There are also quite a few listings on vrbo.com. Good luck finding something that works for your group! Aloha, Dianne

antioch
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3+ Bedroom Recommendations

I happened to be looking at VRBO when i saw your post, the below link(if i do it right??) is for a 5 bedroom OF home, price is gulp....... 8400.00 for a week, but i guess divvied up between 4 or so couples...

http://www.vrbo.com/70559

Boston...
Level Contributor
264 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3+ Bedroom Recommendations

we rented this house for a week next month:

http://www.vrbo.com/259144

we don't mind a bit of a drive to lahaina and it really seems nice, the owner is very accomodating and it has glowing reviews. i can post a review in a few weeks.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
46,838 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3+ Bedroom Recommendations

Bring your sweaters, slippers (the fuzzy kind), and jackets for that house in Makawao! It will be cold up there next month, esp. at night. You will have about an hour's drive time to Lahaina from there.

The Napili house is lovely, but I would be careful...........only one review in 2013 and it smells funny to me (the review). That is also a VERY quiet area.

Puamana is great but minimal AC, which the OP mentioned as necessary. It's also a quiet area.

I think Sands of Kahana has some 3 bedroom units, though I can't swear to it.

Honua Kai would prob be the best choice. Or, several units somewhere like Maui Kaanapali Villas or Maui Eldorado............both have central air in all units.

Edited: 27 December 2013, 02:20
Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3+ Bedroom Recommendations

Check with Ka'anapali Beach Rentals - they have a number of 3 bedroom units that they handle...

kaanapalibeachrentals.com/3_Bedroom_Vacation…

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,262 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 3+ Bedroom Recommendations

Wailea Beach Villas has 3 BR units. Lower in price, Kamaole Sands has some two-floor units.

You can widen your choices if you look at two and three bedroom units within a single complex, and each will have a parking space. Sometimes living together can provide a little too much 'togetherness'. LOL

I wouldn't book anywhere in Hawaii at any time of year if the unit didn't offer the option of A/C.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
2,969 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3+ Bedroom Recommendations

I received a lot of good information on this thread:

tripadvisor.com/…54420092

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,560 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3+ Bedroom Recommendations

Kapalua Villas have a few 3 bedroom units and many 2 and 1 bedroom. Many listed on VRBO but I go through Quam properties...they have 1 3 bedroom.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
556 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3+ Bedroom Recommendations

Some of the 2 BR units at the Kaanapali Alii have converted the office into a 3rd bedroom. Its a large space and functions well in that capacity. You'd have to look through the VRBO listings to be sure the specific unit has the third bedroom.

We lived the Alii and the location is hard to beat.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,319 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3+ Bedroom Recommendations

In your situation, my first choice would be Honua Kai. It should have something to offer everyone in your group with its nice pools and services along with Dukes and the newer well-furnished units with large lanais. It's been 2 years since we stayed at Honua Kai, at that time our condo seemed brand new. I would imagine things there would still be in very good condition.

We are trying out the Kapalua Villas in March because we love the area so much. It is gorgeous, and tb4 has been very happy there for many family stays. It seems like you can get a very nice place for the price. The units will vary on updating, though. So far we have been very happy working with Quam for our upcoming rental. I think the Golf Villas may not have central air. You may want to check if your are considering those.

We have enjoyed two family stays at Puamana. Our last was in a 3 bedroom, 3 bath ocean front. We loved feeling like our lanai extended across the lawn right out to the beach. Our two stays there have been in the summer and no problems with the ac. Both had central air that worked great. If one of the bedrooms is a loft it could be a problem, but our 2 bedroom was loft style and the ac was fine. We did have a ceiling fan lose a blade which was a bit scary! Luckily it didn't hit anyone. Both units we stayed in were nice with some things updated and others not. The ocean front adult pool is in a fantastic spot and the neighborhood is quiet and lovely. There are no resort services there. Even the front desk will do nothing for you but check you in for parking. And you may only be able to get one parking spot per unit. Some give you two, others only one. It's at least a 15-20 minute walk to 505 Front Street in Lahaina if you want to get a drink or a snack without getting into the car.

I've also heard that Papakea has some 3 bedroom units, but the lofts here can get pretty hot, so check that out first. Kapalua Villas has lofts in some units too, though I'm not sure about the 3 bedrooms. If privacy is important, you'll want to ask whether or not any loft bedrooms are fully enclosed. Many are not. There is a lot to consider with a 3 bedroom, and you may decide that it will work better for your group with smaller condos. Happy planning!