We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Dragon Market

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
362 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Green Dragon Market

Hi,

Their website doesn't work and I am wondering if they are still open. We are visiting in February.

We had a good experience there the last time we were on Maui, but that was back in 2011.

We arrive on a Thursday and would like to stock up on fresh fruit and veggies before heading to our condo in Wailea.

Thanks!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,608 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Green Dragon Market

They have moved several times but have stayed in the same building for the last ..2yrs..

There is a old large metal building behind AKFooks Grocery store.The building is located between Pu'unene Ave and Lono Ave. You will not have a good view of the building from either of these streets. They are now located there along with a small restaurant and grocery store all under the same roof. The majority of vendors are there on Wed and Thurs..gosh I hope I have my days correct.

In Kihei I now attend the small outdoor market under the awnings across from the Kikui Mall. It's located on the northside of a stucco building (souvenir shop). Wed and Sat 7-2. Great fresh veg and fruit very good prices like the Green Dragon.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
362 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Green Dragon Market

Thanks you for the information. The Kihei market sounds like a good choice.

United States
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Green Dragon Market

I like the one at 61 S Kihei Rd. Next to Ululani's Shave Ice. They have fruit breads, jams, jellies, fresh fruits and veggies, coconut candy, bagels, fruit dressings, salsas, tortillas, chips, cream cheese, brewed coffee, etc. Make sure you bring your own bag. They don't take credit cards, either. Only open Mondays to Fridays. So if you arrive on a Thursday, they should be there. The same folks who operate the Honokowai Farmers Market I believe. With the much raved about lilikoi cream cheese. Their lilikoi butter is excellent, too.

Then drive down the road to Yee's Orchards for Golden Glow mangoes. 1165 South Kihei Rd, Kihei, open Tue-Thu, Sat-Sun 11 am - 5 pm.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Green Dragon Market

I would stock up at Cash and Carry. They are wholesalers but are now open to the public,

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,608 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Green Dragon Market

The one at the north end of Kihei road does have more "things". I do love the tapioca pudding made with coconut milk that they have. but prices on fruits and veggies are way higher than the one across from Kukui Mall, so it depends on what you are shopping for.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
362 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Green Dragon Market

Thanks for the Cash and Carry suggestion. Do they carry local fruit and veg?

The market at 61 S. Kihei was wiped out the last time we were there. We bought very little, but as I mentioned up thread, that was in 2011.

Thanks.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
56,598 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Green Dragon Market

Cash and Carry has always been open to the public, though they didn't really advertise it for many years. They carry a lot of local produce, plus stuff from other islands and the mainland. Their prices are great.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
362 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Green Dragon Market

Thank you!

9. Re: Green Dragon Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 06:18