We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Trip report- Days 5 & 6

Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,467 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Trip report- Days 5 & 6

Finally finished Thursday and Friday...not taking as many pictures and just relaxing. Finally went snorkeling today so that will be in the next blog. This includes our second whale watch.

Hawaiian Paddle Sports
Scuba & Snorkeling, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Redline Rafting Co.
Water Sports, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Blue Water Maui
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Alii Nui
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Private Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Trip report- Days 5 & 6

Love all the shots. I could ride around all day watching the Spinners. They completely fascinate me. I'd have a tough time on a whale watch being that close though. I'd be faking losing my footing and falling in. Oh, and since I have a waterproof camera I may as well get some shots. LOL. Next time on the island I need to look for that ring you got Rena. I just happen to know someone that plumeria's and honu's are two of her favorite things.

I was talking to a friend today at a birthday/luau party about your shots of Honolua and how nice it was there right now. Can't wait for the snorkel shots. Thanks for for helping us Maui addicts with our addiction.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,682 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Trip report- Days 5 & 6

Just catching up with your reports..half over, where does time fly. Glad snorkeling for the family is back in the picture and Rena is A-OK.

Nice whale watch trip pictures.

Thanks for helping our Maui fix with your blog.

3. Re: Holiday Trip report- Days 5 & 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 December 2013, 15:35
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Trip report- Days 5 & 6

That was a spectacular mix of whale and spinner dolphins! Loved the photo of the dolphin shooting straight up out of the water! I felt like I was out on the water with you. You really did capture some wonderful photos and you make it seem so easy.

Very happy to hear the all clear for snorkeling has been given and looking forward to those photos! Love Rena's ring and interested in the art you were checking out! Have a fun day today and just enjoy the moments! You have lots of time left to enjoy........Deb

Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Trip report- Days 5 & 6

Dolphins and whales? Looks like your trip was scripted by Disney! What fun...enjoy the rest of your time!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Trip report- Days 5 & 6

Anuenue, honu, kohola, nai'a -- does it get any better than this?!! Very cool breach with Kaho‘olawe backdrop.

Beautiful ring.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
49,139 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Trip report- Days 5 & 6

Love the shot of the dolphin. What a great time you are having!! Thanks for the update.

Middleburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
411 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Trip report- Days 5 & 6

Wow, how lucky you were to get such great photos of the whales. Awesome. Thanks for posting.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Trip report- Days 5 & 6

Wow love your pictures. You had awedome luck on both tours.

We went out on the bigger boat yesterday and not much luck sadly. We did see two babies but just thier little tails. The girl who was doing the talking was great.

I am sure the smaller boats can get up closer.

Love the little ring. Today is our last full day, went to quick.

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
834 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Trip report- Days 5 & 6

Love Rena's ring. Got Binkys on my list to stop by. Put Captain Steve on the list too. Just booked our condo last night for Jan/Feb 2015. Your pictures made me do it ! Lol