We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time Maui in July

Cherokee, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
First Time Maui in July

I have booked a condo at Sugar Beach Resort in July. We will be going there for 10 days for our anniversary. We've never been to Hawaii so I would love recommendations on what we should do. Any guidance or tips for a wonderful stay will be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Sugar Beach Resort
Sugar Beach Resort
668 Reviews
Maui, HI
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,259 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time Maui in July

Great choice for a vacation and anniversary celebration!

A few highlights that people enjoy on Maui are driving the Road to Hana, going to Haleakala summit, a snorkel or sunset catamaran sail, and going to a luau. The beach (for swimming and snorkelling) is the biggest highlight for most.

On the right side of this page, under "Top Questions", you'll find links to topics that should be of help with your plans. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,073 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time Maui in July

Time to do some reading. We can toss ideas to you till the cows come home, but you need an overview of your options. Pick up a travel guidebook or two and a good map ... and feel free to come back to us with more specific questions.

As Susan says above, "Top Questions" will help you ... as will reading down through the Maui Forum regularly. Great source of information.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
50,168 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time Maui in July

There is great info right at your finger tips!! Look at the menu on the top of this page, click on Things to do. The Top Questions will also offer info you might not get elsewhere. Have a wonderful tine!!

Cherokee, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time Maui in July

Thanks all!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
533 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time Maui in July

Barnes and Noble, Books A Million are great places to pick up guide books. There is Maui Revealed, Lonely Planet Maui, Frommers, even a Hawaii for Dummies. Also there are links for a really great map of Maui I seen the other day. I think Susan pretty much nailed a great time in Hawaii with her suggestions. Thats about what all my husband and I did in November. If you go to a luau, I recommend Old Lahaina Luau and make those reservations early. We booked directly through their site. Also your car rental, book it as soon as you can.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Old Lahaina Luau
Old Lahaina Luau
6,650 Reviews
Maui, HI
6. Re: First Time Maui in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 06:19